What's new

Windows 7 Does Not Recognize My iPhone 4 Correctly

bcooper79

Reaction score
As the title says, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) no longer recognizes my phone as the name that I originally set up for it. It sees it as my wifes phone. This only started after updating to iOS5 and the latest iTunes. Anyone ever see this issue? Anyone know how I can fix this? So far, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall all apple software. (side note - after reinstalling, I did not have to reimport any of my library or my playlist. It kept those saved variables. Also, for those in the know, REVO uninstaller will not find/uninstall the lastest version of iTunes. So you have to use the Windows uninstaller which does not remove everything) So, back to the issue at hand. Basically, when my wife and I set up our phones, we named them after our first names. So mine is "geoge's iphone" and her's is "suzie's iPhone". Yes, I changed our names so as to not reveal personal info. Anyways, now that I have updated to iOS5 and the latest iTunes, when I plug my phone into my computer, Windows sees that a phone has been plugged in, but it sees it as my wifes and not mine. iTunes still sees it as my phone though. Anyone have any insight into what is causing this or how to fix it?

Thanks!!

Coop

i remember this happening to me and i did what you did, uninstall and then reinstall but i tried to uninstall and then reboot and then install it again. it worked. i am using windows 7.