What's new

Problem at restoring of iphone 4

alexpet00

Reaction score
hi!
i have the iphone 4 (4.0.2) and about a monh ago i did the jailbreak with limera1n.everything was fine untill a few days and the device wasn;t ok.so i decided this morning to reset it and do it again.i reset it from settings.reset.erase all.i tryed to restore it but i couldn't (error 3194)
i unistalled the itunes and download the newer version.i tryed to restore it-itunes download the 4.3. a few times but the restore is always incomplete(it never finsh)
Any suggestions
thanks a lot
alex

quick google search and this is what came up..

Fix Error 3194
The fix is the same regardless of what operating system you are using:

Quit iTunes
Locate your hosts file, in Mac OS X this is /etc/hosts and in Windows this is c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Open the hosts file with Administrator privileges
Add the following lines to the very bottom of the hosts file:
74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
Connect your iPhone to the computer
Launch iTunes
Put the iPhone/iPad/iPod into DFU mode by turning the phone off and then holding down the sleep and power button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but hold onto the home button until iTunes tells you that the device is now in recover mode
Use the iTunes Restore feature as usual with the iOS device

try that and let me know if it works

goodmorning from athens greece.
now i have error 1013

What exactly do you mean by it doesn't finish?
Are you able to get the restore going but then it stops with the error, or is there an issue connecting to the servers?

i fixed it,but i had to format my pc.idon't know why buy after i install the new itunes,at the first try i had again the error 1013,but at the second time i manage to restore it.
thanks a lot for your time
alexandros
athens
greece