What's new

Trying To Restore JB iPhone 4S

Tally1722

Reaction score
Bought an iphone 4S earlier and it was jailbroken. I don't want a jailbroken phone and so decided to reset it. Tried erasing content and it wouldn't work, so googled and it brought me here. I followed the tutorial HERE but it won't work.

I have iTunes version 11.1.3.8

I edited the hosts file and removed any reference to apple from it, then saved.

I went HERE and downloaded 7.0 under iPhone 4S to my hard drive. The extension is ispw.

I put the device into DFU mode, the screen is blank.

I turned off my firewall and anti virus.

I open iTunes and a box pops up saying my phone is in recovery mode and I need to restore. I click "ok".

I press shift and click Restore, then browse to the ispw file.

It extracts the file and then I get a pop up saying "error 3194".

No idea what to try next. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Update - I found THIS method on the web and tried it. I don't get the error doing it this way, but it hangs on "Preparing iPhone for restore" on iTunes...doesn't progress past that. Unless I'm just not leaving it long enough...but it was over 20 mins with no change.

That's the same tutorial I linked to in my first post. Already tried every step and it won't work. I either get the 3194 error or it hangs on "preparing iphone for resto

Last edited:
That's the tutorial I linked to in my first post. Already tried every step and it won't work. I either get the 3194 error or it hangs on "preparing iphone for restore".
If it didn't work, then you didn't follow every step exactly as written. The slightest modification will result in failure.