What's new

Error 3194 when trying to restore

lennie paz

Reaction score
My jailbroken iPhone is on iOS5 and i'm trying to restore it. I put the phone in DFU mode and opened iTunes. I clicked on restore while holding the shift button. I chose the iOS5 ipsw that I downloaded and it started to restore but then I get the 3194 error. I looked around and found a guide on a failsafe method to restore that gave instructions on setting up TinyUmbrella. When I open TinyUmbrella, here is what happens:

Snap1-15.jpg

Snap2-7.jpg

Snap3-3.jpg

Occurs when trying to install an old firmware and Apple's server disallows the installation. If you are trying to restore to iOS 5 you will not be able to do it not even with the SHSH Blobs

So even though I am not trying to downgrade, and just restore the same firmware I am on, it won't let me do it?

You will never be able to load iOS 5 because apple Is not signing the app anymore

So from now on, if a new update comes out, you can only restore with the new update? If the new update didn't come out, then I would have been able to restore to 5.0 , right?

Apple will only sign the latest update/software, before you was able to do it if you save the SHSH Blobs but that's no longer possible.

Apple will only sign the latest update/software, before you was able to do it if you save the SHSH Blobs but that's no longer possible.

Would it be a bad idea to update to the newest update?

It all depend what's what you want to do, if you are a person that like jailbreaking or not. If you don't care about it then run the latest updates all the time. If you like jailbreak then you need to read a lot and see what's going on before you try any updates.