What's new

Unable to delete Apps from my Jailbroken iPhone 4

MikeCorruption

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I come to you with a strange but quite frustrating problem, when i attempt to delete any apps the phone appears to hang, now freeze or crash but hang, basically i hold down an App and they start to shake, i then click on the litte cross and then instead of an alert message the App that i clicked ons X goes grey like i have just pressed it but thats it, i cannot lock the phone, slide to another page, press the home button anything, it just hangs on the page with the apps shaking, this occurs with ANY app that i click a cross on, i am able to delete apps using iFunbox and by going through Settings "General>Usage" that works fine but if i attempt to do so by pressing the litte X on the app it just hangs.

I did think it was because i had installed some apps, so i deleted these, but still same problem and i also installed a Certificate for using a Siri Port and deleted the Certificate but still same problem, anyone else had this problem? i did a bit of research and someone mentioned "Reset All Settings" now i have a jailbroken phone and i know pressing that button is basically writing a death warrant for my phone, knowing a restore will be required afterwards.

Thanks in advance

Connect your phone to iTunes and try deleting the apps with iTunes.

Im honestly not bothered about deleting the apps as of course there are other methods i just dont know why it freezes when i attempt to do it through the click and shake method :/

Im honestly not bothered about deleting the apps as of course there are other methods i just dont know why it freezes when i attempt to do it through the click and shake method :/

Understand. My thought is that one of the apps is corrupted and causing the issue. Try deleting the apps most recently installed and see if that correct the issue.

Are all of the recently installed apps from reputable repos or are they from hacked/pirated sites?

I also tried it in SafeMode and surprise surprise it didnt work still, and i have downloaded two apps and installed from Install0us :( do you suggest deleting ALL of the apps ive installed?

Also i have deleted the Stocks app from iPhone using iFunbox, would this cause a problem? should i reinstall that app

My opinion -- any app one installes from Installous has the potential to cause problems. Why -- typically, their apps are cracked/piratred and therefore, have the potential to cause issues.

My recommendation - delete every app you have installed via Installous. Then, stick with the recommended repos on Cydia. You many need to pay for the app but I'd rather pay a few dollars and have a stable device than get an app for free that freezes my device.

I totally agree with what you have said, i will uninstall all the apps i have installed that are not legit :) then report back

EDIT: I can uninstall tweaks without a problem using the CyDelete feature, no hang, ive deleted all cracked apps, still same problem, it hangs when i attempt to delete an app using the Hold & Shake button.

What shall i do now? should i just delete my apps using General > Usage and delete that way?

EDIT 2: I deleted all Photos and all Apps off my phone legit and cracked and still it hangs when i click on the X on the apps when they shake

Last edited: