What's new

any copy/paste action causes app freeze then crash

LKDH

Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iphone 5 (iOS 6.1.2)
Today it began exhibiting an unusual bug whenever I attempted to copy or paste in any app (Chrome, messages, etc.). Basically, any long press causes the app to lock up, with the magnifying glass frozen over the field. The app then has to be manually quit using the task switcher.
The bug also occurs in programs where a dialog box with radio buttons pops up for the copy function (for example, in the Twitter app). If "copy" is pressed, the button will turn blue, but the app then freezes without anything happening. Similarly, if an SMS bubble is long pressed, the "copy" button will pop up, but if selected will change color, but then freeze the app.
At the same time this problem creeped up, several other apps have refused to open at all, including Instagram and Flickr. These hang on the opening splash screen for about 10 seconds, then crash without further opening.
I have tried several hard resets without any luck. I have also booted in safe mode several times (both via SBSettings and holding volume up during boot), with the bug occurring in an identical manner even while in Safe Mode. I have also re-installed my major JB tweaks, including SBSettings, Activator, and Springtomize without any luck. I also removed the tweak Swipe Select, mainly because this tweak works on the selection function that seems to be messed up. No effect.
It seems that since these problems occur even in safe mode, I'm looking for something not in the realm of the jailbreak tweaks though, right?
I also deleted any standard apps I have installed over the last 2 weeks or so.
None of these actions have made the slightest difference with the issue, so I am hoping someone out there in the JB or Apple community might have a suggestion or two.

Since you're talking about a jailbroken iPhone I've moved your post to the iPhone Jailbreaking Forum where it will receive more attention.

Welcome to iPhone Forums, the best iPhone Forum anywhere.