What's new

Turning off 6s

savag

Reaction score
I have been given a 6s iphone about which I know very little. I have updated the software and fitted a new battery followed by full charging and discharging as recommended. I fiddle albeit carefully with all or most of the settings, using a 388-page guide book.
Sometimes but not always when I am using the camera for simple single shots, no flash, the 'switch off, slide button to the right to switch off' with a white Delete button below, comes up every 20 seconds or so, as though to perhaps protect the battery. But the battery can be showing 80% or so and I think it is ok. The old battery warning showed 74%.
The phone doesn't switch off, It ask me if I want to. Auto Lock is set at 5 minutes.
I suspect that the same thing happens at other times but I can't give details.
I would be grateful for any advice.

I have been given a 6s iphone about which I know very little. I have updated the software and fitted a new battery followed by full charging and discharging as recommended. I fiddle albeit carefully with all or most of the settings, using a 388-page guide book.
Sometimes but not always when I am using the camera for simple single shots, no flash, the 'switch off, slide button to the right to switch off' with a white Delete button below, comes up every 20 seconds or so, as though to perhaps protect the battery. But the battery can be showing 80% or so and I think it is ok. The old battery warning showed 74%.
The phone doesn't switch off, It ask me if I want to. Auto Lock is set at 5 minutes.
I suspect that the same thing happens at other times but I can't give details.
I would be grateful for any advice.

Are you by any chance accidentally pressing on the On/Off button on the top right side of your iPhone. That is how you initiate a "power down" of the device.

Thanks.
I am not accidentally pressing'off'.
It just comes up inviting me to slide to the right, to go off.
Today the previous owner of the phone was explaining something about it to me - I think we were looking at imessages - and it did the same thing, much to her surprise.
It doesn't matter much but it comes as a surprise and I 'cancel' and carry on, so later I can't remember what I was doing at the time.
My old simple steam-driven Doro couldn't do this, even if it wanted to.
Thanks.