What's new

I Phone 4 turns off on its own then resets to 1.00am

slums999

Reaction score
hi

hope someone can help, I have an I phone 4 and the battery shows 3/4 of life still left when all of a suddens the phone switches off as if it has ran out of life, when I go to recharge the phone it comes back on showing 1.00am and still 3/4 of battery life left

this has been happening for a couple of weeks and wonder if its worth buying a new battery and replacing it

please help

Perform a hard reset. If that doesn't help much then do a factory reset.

slums, you didn't indicate how old the phone is or whether you get any hours of battery use at all. In any case, do the resets as bab2010 suggested, and if that doesn't work, take the phone back! Bottom line: If I were you, I would NOT buy a new battery and have it installed unless you're absolutely sure that it is the problem.

sounds like you might have a bad cell in the battery or a bad program issue. I would take it to an Apple store and have them look at it, good chance they will switch it out for a new onw.

Hi EWyatt

Ive had the phone for about 3 months and get about a 1/4 of battery use before it switches itself off :(

Hi EWyatt

Ive had the phone for about 3 months and get about a 1/4 of battery use before it switches itself off :(

Since you have warranty time on your iPhone, I would definitely spend some time on the phone with Apple Support and tell them of your situation. Or go to one of the few Apple Stores in the USA, if one is close to you. You have rights as a consumer and Apple must abide by their warranty obligations. You need to be proactive and make Apple resolve this for you. Get back with us, OK.