What's new

Problem with refurbished iPhone 6s

newbie6sphone

Reaction score
I recently purchased a refurbished 6s, and for the first week it worked perfectly. However, just in the last day it has continued to switch itself off, to the point where no sign of life is seen! Not even the charger icon comes up when i hold down the on button.

It has worsened rapidly, to the point where the phone no longer works when it is off power. Not for longer than about 15 minutes anyway. Even when it is 100% charged, it will turn itself off after a short amount of time.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is it definitely a faulty battery or could it be something else? I would be willing to purchase a battery kit to change the battery myself if it's not too difficult. How much of a task is it to change the battery of an iPhone 6s?

Thanks!

It sounds as if you have a defective or worn out battery that no longer holds a charge. If that’s the case, a battery replacement is needed.
A word of warning about changing the battery yourself; Apple will no longer look at or repair an iPhone that has has unauthorized repairs done.
You may want to take the iPhone to an Apple store for a diagnostic at the Genius Bar to determine the true cause of the problem. If it’s not the battery itself, changing it won’t do any good.

If you bought the refurbished 6S from Apple, it would have a year's Warranty.

Last edited: