What's new

iPhone 6S receiver speaker problem

870expressmag

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone has an idea of whats going on, as ATT and the Genius bar have no clue. I recently upgraded from a 5S to a 6S. Ever since brand new when I talked to certain people, the sound coming through the earpiece receiver sounded as if the other person was in the restroom, or was on speaker phone, which they were neither. This happened inside, and outside of the otterbox defender case. After trying to change all the audio and noise cancel settings, i returned it to ATT and they swapped it for a new phone. Same issue. So i made an appt with a Genius, he admitted he could hear it, but didnt know what the problem was. It happens when I talked to my wife on her Galaxty Note 5, my Mom on her iPhone SE, my buddy with his iPhone 6s, and my dad with his iPhone 4s. However if I talk to my brother with an iPhone 6+ it does not do it. When the Genius gave me a regular 6 phone and we tried to make the same calls, the problem went away, he couldnt figure it out so he gave me another new phone. This is the 3rd new phone and it's still doing it. I'm actually considering his option of giving him my water damaged 5s and paying 249.00 for a brand new 5s, thats how frustrated I am. I cant believe I'm the only person ever to have this problem. I'm hoping someone has heard of this or can pin point the issue. Thanks

Well i figured out what was causing the issue I was hearing but I am not sure if its an actual problem, or just me being sensitive to the sound change. I grabbed my moms SE and it did the same thing, so that ruled out a certain phone as being the problem. I changed the cellular LTE setting to data only, and the calls went back to normal the way I used to hear them on my 5S. Is this a network problem? Just a change in hardware on the updated phone making it sound this way that i have to deal with?