What's new

Trouble with iTunes

You guys are great. After all the talking with Apple's so-called "Geniuses", not one of them even thought of telling me to upload the files to iTunes first. I am so sick and tired of people who presume your level of expertise is the same as theirs. I mean, if my level of expertise was the same as theirs, would I even be asking them a question?

Now, I had ripped two book series into MP3 files. When they were copied over, many chapters (MP3s) were not copied. I would like to remove them from the iPhone and start them over to see if they can be picked back up.

I hate to seem like a pain, but some more advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Bob
This is on a Windoze pc
Run iTunes
Connect Iphone
Click on phone in left column under "Devices"
Here you will see a picture of your phone on the "Summary" tab
At the bottom of this page you will see "Options"
Tick "Manually Manage Music"
Now go back to the phone under "Devices"
Click on the "Music" section under your phone. (This is most probably where your books are as they are mp3)
Navigate to the files you want to remove
Now just mark them using normal explorer type actions (click for one selection, control click for more selections, shift click for large amounts of selections etc)
Right click your selection(s)
This will bring up a dialoge box with one of the choises being "Delete"
This will delete them from your phone
Putting them back is the same selection process in the music section of the left column under "library", then simply click and drag them back to your phone
Might pay to look at your labelling of the files cos the "missing" ones might simply be labelled out of sequence hiding them from first glance

Last edited:
Again, thanks!

So, I decided to delete all my books and music on the iPhone and copy everything over again. This time, I decided not to convert to MP3s. Guess what...all files copied over; none were missing. The only question that remains is why Apple has to complicate their instructions for something that turned out to be so simple?

You guys did good. Perhaps as I learn more I will be able to contribute to the forum.

Cheers,

Bob