What's new

text tones purchased from iTunes not showing

Gdiddy636

Reaction score
Last night I decided to purchase a few text tones from iTunes thinking it would be nice to not have the same alert tones as the rest of the crowded room. I bought them from iTunes the legit way and synced my 4s excited for the possibilities. I see no change in my options for tones in the phone at all...not under alerts and not under ringtones. I tried unselecting sync tones and reselecting it. I've tried sync all tones and sync selected tones. I can't think of anything else to try other than flipping out on Apple themselves. This never happens when I create my own ringtones and load them but now I go legit and purchase them to find I can't use them? Weak sauce. If anyone can help me figure out what is going wrong I would be extremely grateful. Thanks for taking the time to review my rant.

have you tried syncing with the devices connected by the phone cable?

Poison Ivy,

Yes I certainly have. I tried just a regular sync on my laptop. Then I unchecked the option for sync tones and synced again. Then I rechecked the option for sync tones and synced again. (I had read that worked but no such luck). I tried a hard reset. I'm lost but I'm pretty disappointed that I cannot simply purchase a text tone and use it, that seems like false advertising if you ask me. I appreciate your suggestion. Hopefully someone on this forum will be able to tell me where I am going wrong.

yes I'm sure someone will be able to help,we have some very knowledgeable people in this forum.

Right click in iTunes on the tone, go to Get Info, and change the tag into "Ringtone" next to Kind or Type, something of the sort. Sync first, then change the tag. If that doesn't work, change the tag, then sync