What's new

trick me?

coldkilla

Reaction score
I just called rogers about having a pay as you go plan for an iPhone 4, the lady said, they don't reccomend it because it is a data phone and they have had issues with the phone with it being on pay as you go. I think the lady is just trying to make me go on a contract so they can make more money ?? And i actually want to use it on pay as you go even tho its a data phone, its my choice =) just want to make sure. btw does it have to be unlocked to use pay as you go on the carrier i want already. I want to go with rogers anyway, the phone is locked to rogers

If the phone is locked to rogers then you can only use it on rogers. Doesn't matter if it's pay as you go or not. You will need some sort of data plan if you want to use alot of the features of the iPhone and it can get quite costly if it's not included in your pay as you go deal. You can get unlimited Internet on pay as you go here in uk. Don't know if you can get something similar where you are.

If you are buying on pay as you go you will have to pay alot of money up front for the phone. You will probably be better off buying a factory unlocked phone for slighty more then you can go with whoever you want...

yea gaz i already bought the phone for 700$ , thanks for confirming i can use pay as you go =D, u say i should get data plan if i want to use alot of features.. i can use those features off of wifi aswell? in Canada i can get 500mb of data on the pay as you go plan so its cool. can you name some features that strickly need data to use? that wifi cannot do?

yea gaz i already bought the phone for 700$ , thanks for confirming i can use pay as you go =D, u say i should get data plan if i want to use alot of features.. i can use those features off of wifi aswell? in Canada i can get 500mb of data on the pay as you go plan so its cool. can you name some features that strickly need data to use? that wifi cannot do?

The data plan strictly allows you to use data away from a wifi network. There is nothing you can't do on wifi that you can on 3G.

so you are saying i cannot go on the internet with a router unless i have data? are u sure ? i basically want to have no data, only being able to connect to a wireless network. (ex: my internet router at home)

so you are saying i cannot go on the internet with a router unless i have data? are u sure ? i basically want to have no data, only being able to connect to a wireless network. (ex: my internet router at home)

No, I said 3G allows you to use data AWAY from wifi. If you have wifi you don't need 3G. Also, if you don't have a data plan you can still use wifi.

Dan's right. You can use either your data plan or your wifi. Your wifi doesn't cost anything extra on you phone to use. Just what you pay for wifi in you house. Works in exactly the same way as your laptop would. There's plenty of free wifi hotspots around as well. Mcdonalds is one example.

You can turn your wifi or your data off independently of both off to save battery when not in use. When in the house I have my wifi and turn my data off. When I'm out and about its the other way round. Of course if you don't have a data plan just keep data turned off and you wont be hit with any nasty bills. 500mb is plenty if you keep downloading app's to wifi...

wifi is better any way there is restrictions on the 3g unless you jailbreak and pay for an app

k so i can be at a place with wifi and go in the internet, i was thinking, is it possible to download music right on the iphone instead of downloading at home on my computer? if im really bored at school =p. i guess i will use wifi at home and 3g when im outside if i go with a data plan, btw which is faster? what did u mean there are no restrictions because im looking forward to jailbreaking

You cant download music straight to your phone unless you jailbreak. Wifi is much faster than 3g, although if your just browsing web pages when out and about there's not much difference if you've got a strong 3g signal.

What paliometoxo ment is things like face time only work over wifi and you can only download apps under 20mb(?) if not on wifi, there are others too, but if you jailbreak you can get an app that 'tricks' your phone to think its on wifi...

im going to jailbreak my iphome, so i can download music? do i need a specific program.. how do i download the song.. ive heard of that app that tricks your iphone thinking its on wifi, does that mean i can get internet everyone lmfao? what do u mean by that..

im going to jailbreak my iphome, so i can download music? do i need a specific program.. how do i download the song.. ive heard of that app that tricks your iphone thinking its on wifi, does that mean i can get internet everyone lmfao? what do u mean by that..

he means that when you download a 3g un restrictor your iphone is tricked into thinking its on a wifi connection so you can for example make face time calls, face time is available on wifi only officially. and you can only download files up to 20mb, so if your out and on 3g and you see an app store app you must have and its over 20mb you will be able to download it. but the 3g un restrictor app costs money.

btw i would just download music from your computer that way you can back it up with itunes instead of losing it when you restore..