What's new

Travelling with the iPhone

hwystar

Reaction score
Travelling State side. Do not want to get a travel plan (minutes & data). Can I just put my iPhone 4S in "airplane mode" and work off WiFi hot spots ?

Travelling State side. Do not want to get a travel plan (minutes & data). Can I just put my iPhone 4S in "airplane mode" and work off WiFi hot spots ?
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.
iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

You cannot use Wifi in Airplane mode. Airplane mode turns off ALL radios. what you can do is to go into Settings, General, Cellular and turn off Cellular Data and Roaming. At that point, dont answer any calls and use Wifi.

Yes it's possible. Make sure you turn off call roaming as well if you don't have international minutes/features.

It is, I just didnt have my phone in front of me. Turn on Airplane Mode, then go in and turn on Wifi. As I stated, turn off all roaming and cellular data.

Lets simplify this folks.

1) Turn on airplane mode.
2) Turn on WiFi manually.

You do not have to do anything else if you do those two steps. This will save you from having to deal with any other settings.

iOS stays in airplane mode till the user turns it off. And there is no way for the cellular radio to be activated while in airplane mode.

And yes I have tested this while at three different countries.