What's new

To cover or not to cover?

I have heard that it's okay to just leave the iphone uncovered but for me, I will still choose to put something to protect it. :)

I always buy the most protective case I can get for my cell phones. I am waiting for the Otterbox defender to come out for this one my phone was delivered last week and it's still in its box un activated. I have the same case for my iPhone 5 and I removed it from the case to take pictures in preparation to sell it privately and it doesn't have any scratches or marks on it anywhere. It looks like it did the day I bought it.
I take it you have the 6+...since Otter has offered cases for the "straight" 6 for several weeks now.....I got my phone on 9/19 and the Otter case on 9/25.....point of interest: my case was NOT in one of Otter's pretty yellow boxes - it came in a plain cardboard box --- in 3 sections......back, front and rubber wrap-around!! AFAIK the LATEST versions are packaged in the usual fashion.....
BTW.....Otter's Alpha Glass is still on back order (as of 10/5/14)......!!

Ottorbox's Q&A responses are putting me off. STILL nothing for the 6+ and no news. I'll be going elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I take it you have the 6+...since Otter has offered cases for the "straight" 6 for several weeks now.....I got my phone on 9/19 and the Otter case on 9/25.....point of interest: my case was NOT in one of Otter's pretty yellow boxes - it came in a plain cardboard box --- in 3 sections......back, front and rubber wrap-around!! AFAIK the LATEST versions are packaged in the usual fashion.....
BTW.....Otter's Alpha Glass is still on back order (as of 10/5/14)......!!

Sorry I left that out yes I bought a 6 plus, the Otterbox case you bought, did you buy it from the Otterbox website or one of there resellers? Back when I bought my iPhone 4 something like that happened to me. I bought it through Amazon and it was some flimsy look alike. Amazon made it right and refunded the money though. I only buy from Otterbox directly now

Ottorbox's Q&A responses are putting me off. STILL nothing for the 6+ and no news. I'll be going elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yes it is frustrating to not have any news whatsoever about the release date. They should at least give an estimate when it will be available. I'm sure others feel this way and they're loosing business doing it this way

Last edited:
Sorry I left that out yes I bought a 6 plus, the Otterbox case you bought, did you buy it from the Otterbox website or one of there resellers? Back when I bought my iPhone 4 something like that happened to me. I bought it through Amazon and it was some flimsy look alike. Amazon made it right and refunded the money though. I only buy from Otterbox directly now
Bought it directly from Otterbox.....but my guess is that it was so new they didn't have "normal" retail packaging material available....so they just sent separate pieces......All good --- it's GENUINE (molded logo on the case!)....
And.....I'm not one for fancy wrappings, anyway....I buy OEM software, and save $$ by NOT paying for a pretty box!!;)

Oddly Best Buy has some of the best cases I have ever seen period, in the Platinum series brand. I bought one for my LG G3 and now for the 6 Plus. I tried a rubbery case but they were too easy to peel off. The Platinum series covers all edges, not like Apple's which expose the bottom. Inexpensive at $35 but elite quality and exceptionally thin.
8548276_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

I'm a little clumsy so I got the Adopted Folio case. I'm not taking any chances with my iPhone 6plus
image.jpg

I had a circle case for my LG G3 that looked a lot like the one above, with the top and bottom edges exposed. The phone dropped 3.5 feet, not only was the screen cracked but the front cover opened on impact and the screen was scratched as well. I will never trust a folio case again; top and bottom edges must be covered. That case is probably awkward when taking photos too; at least with the circle case you could fold it completely over but your case front cover will block the camera lens. Holding the phone by its front cover can become pretty clumsy affair while trying to take pics.

Last edited:
After a long wait for the iPhone 6+ I finally got confirmation that it's shipping. I really don't want to use it without the otterbox defender case but I don't know how much longer I can wait. I wonder what's taking a long time to make the case? You would think that otterbox would have released it on day 1 and imagine how much money they've already lost to competitors. I can wait a week or 2 weeks at the most.

I received my otterbox defender case for my iPhone 6 plus today it didnt add as much bulk to the phone I thought it would have. I have one concern the screen protector is molded to the shape of the Touch ID and it does make the Touch ID less responsive as I would like it to be. Other than that the case fits perfectly

I find the iPhone 6 Plus very slippery. I also trail jog, bike and workout with my phone. My last phone, a Nokia 1520, was dropped many times, fell off the roof of a SUV and stepped on. I definitely need a case.

i just purchased the Switcheasy Air Mask. I like their minimalist style and have been waiting to order a new case for my 6 Plus from them. I would show you a picture but I don't know how to do that here. I

**** a case bro, if it's made to be thin and light ur gonna have to try ur best not to drop it. The phone is expensive so great it like dat.