What's new

Things I Dislike About My iPhone

I would also like to have a visual indicator on the screen that you are in silent mode. I know the toggle on the side, but sometimes I forget I have it turned on and there is nothing visual on he screen that you are in silent/vibrate mode. Not a big deal, but an icon on the status bar would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope Apple genius people are following this thread

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

Ok, I'll bite. First iPhone , iPhone 6s Plus. I was an android person from the start. Finally got fed up with the update process regardless of manufacturer. So here is one gripe. You can only set one schedule for Do Not Disturb. Really? Wouldn't it be nice to have a different DND schedule on the weekend.

'Ad Triarios Redisse'
Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
This is a great suggestion. I never really thought about that. Most scheduling tech has that feature, so I don't see why it couldn't be a simple thing for Apple to add to the next big update to iOS 9, or maybe just wait until iOS 10.

I'm pretty happy with my 6S, but one complaint I have is - guess!

"Turning on Wi-Fi will improve location accuracy."

"Turning on Bluetooth will improve location accuracy." [emoji35][emoji851]
Yes, we should be able to have a "okay, I got it" button, that will dismiss that alert for the future.
I would also like to have a visual indicator on the screen that you are in silent mode. I know the toggle on the side, but sometimes I forget I have it turned on and there is nothing visual on he screen that you are in silent/vibrate mode. Not a big deal, but an icon on the status bar would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I easily second this.

Only complaint I'd like to be able NOT to use Siri as default ...IMO Siri just doesn't cut it for my searches and commands ...

6S PLUS [emoji390]

Only complaint I'd like to be able NOT to use Siri as default ...IMO Siri just doesn't cut it for my searches and commands ...

I didn't know you had to use Siri for searches l use google please explain, l am a little dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's talking about using a virtual assistant. There are several of them from other companies such as Microsoft's Cortana and others.

I didn't know you had to use Siri for searches l use google please explain, l am a little dumb.

He's talking about using a virtual assistant. There are several of them from other companies such as Microsoft's Cortana and others.

Exactly so many alternatives which do a better job ...I use Google plenty and others like Hound do great ...why not let them be defaulted by user [emoji3]

Do one is forced to Siri at the moment and I THINK you can say search google for something?
PS. This doesn't mean l love Apple by any means. Can you talk to the android ?

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

I use an iphone for work and an android for personal use.
Smart choice..
Sometimes I think that I should do that too. But it makes me uncomfortable carrying two devices at a time. And I like to take all my personal stuffs and office works on my phone..

I get annoyed, when I purchase the very latest, ducks-nuts iPhone, only to hear Apple announcing, a newer and much better, ducks-nuts iPhone is coming! It does my head in! That's progress, I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty marketing techniques..
When I first see a commercial of an iPhone I couldn't resist myself from buying it thinking that this is it. It is the most innovative and revolutionary device from Apple. And I am gonna use it for more than two years of its life span. Then next September they release another iPhone and endorse in such a way that my last purchase looks completely obsolete.
Honestly I think they hypnotized us somehow. No matter how slow their innovations are and how expensive their products are we will always feel emotionally attached to that exclusive brand.
One thing is for sure, the premium feeling we get from iPhone no other manufacturer can give this to us.

Pretty marketing techniques..
When I first see a commercial of an iPhone I couldn't resist myself from buying it thinking that this is it. It is the most innovative and revolutionary device from Apple. And I am gonna use it for more than two years of its life span. Then next September they release another iPhone and endorse in such a way that my last purchase looks completely obsolete.
Honestly I think they hypnotized us somehow. No matter how slow their innovations are and how expensive their products are we will always feel emotionally attached to that exclusive brand.
One thing is for sure, the premium feeling we get from iPhone no other manufacturer can give this to us.

You bought the wrong TV, Sillyhead!

6S PLUS [emoji390]
I'd like to be able NOT to use every apple apps as default.

I love spotlight search and the apps quality on appstore, but I certainly don't automatically like every single app made by Apple.

Send from my iPhone via Tapatalk

I'd like to be able NOT to use every apple apps as default.
I completely agree. I don't know why they couldn't do this. We can set other apps to be our defaut on OS X, but not iOS.