What's new

Themes not working

heath223

Reaction score
I have had my Iphone4 (Verizon) for 2 months now. I jailbroke it about 2 weeks ago using Snowbreeze. I have played with it more in the last 2 weeks than the first month and a half seeing what all I can do now. One thing I seem to have issues with is with themes. I have tried installing 6-8 different battery charging themes and none work.
One other thing I would like to do is customize all my icons and I have installed a couple icon themes but none of theme have all the icons I use. I have played around with making some icons in Paint on my computer and changing the icon in the file for a couple apps. It worked out good but I guess if I go that route I will need to get a better program than paint B/C I cant really make what I want with Paint.

what you need to download is an app called winterboard and with this app when you download a theme it will load in there so you open winterboard and you can select the theme(s) you downloaded and it will restart the springboard and you will see your theme

I have Winterboard and each time I select one of the themes it won't show up. I have done other things from Winterboard that do work just a No-Go on battery themes. I have tried some icon packs and they change just can't get all my icons to change.

I have Winterboard and each time I select one of the themes it won't show up. I have done other things from Winterboard that do work just a No-Go on battery themes. I have tried some icon packs and they change just can't get all my icons to change.

i've had problems with battery themes, keyboard themes not loading, not sure if it has something to do with it being a CDMA phone somehow or not. Icon packs will work for a lot of icons, but not all, i believe it has to have a custom icon made for that specific app

sometimes you have to move the theme up to the top of winterboard if it not already there and check to make sure it work for you phones operating system before you dl it.

There is 2 things you need to do for some battery themes to work on the iphone 4 if they weren't made for them. First off download PixelFormer, that program is free but you have to resize the battery theme pics to 528x264 since the iphone 4 resoultion is twice of the 3gs. Also you can download ifunbox to get the pics to your computer to change the resolution in pixelformer. When you import the pics to pixel former then edit the size to 528x264 then click export and save the image but use 32bbp resoultion since 24bbp wont work with iphone 4. Then just load the pics back to the folder off your iphone and everything will work just fine and have a regular size battery when charging