What's new

Why won't all icons change after I change my theme via winterboard?

mogden16

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just recently jailbroke my phone and I'm learning the basics. I installed the Anode theme which can be found here
This iOS 7 Theme Perfectly Matches iPhone 5s Gold, Space Gray, Silver Color Scheme | Redmond Pie

It definitely seems like a reliable theme so I installed it, used winterboard to set it as my theme, etc etc... but then when I went to the home screen after I hit respring, not all of the icons changed.

Should all of the icons have changed? Or will these icons never change? Some of the ones that didnt change are Pulse, MyFitnessPal, SportsCenter, and a few more.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

some icons wont change because the original theme did not "theme" those icons. there are a million apps in the app store, you cant expect the themer to create a custom icon for every single app. usually its only the popular ones that gets themed. you can create your own though if you know how to theme :)

From the article you linked:
"At present, the developer has covered an almighty 170 different app icons, with more being added all the time."

Themers don't usually include an icon for every app that exists. For those apps icons that weren't included in the theme, those icons won't change because there is nothing to change to. Perhaps you can contact the theme developer and ask them to include themed icons for the Pulse, MyFitnessPal, SportsCenter and other apps.

I use a cydia app called TIM (ThemeIconMaker) and I find that if the icons are designed in a certain way, say like the BOSS theme then TIM changes all the rest to look like it. It works for me 95% of the time, give it a go:)

Sent from the future using Tapatalk via my iwatch.