What's new

Themes not working ios 6.1

mach1man

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got winter board to download but now every theme I try doesn't work properly. It will change the lock screen, text massage, winter board style, ect but the icons will not change. Any idea why.

Thanks. Yea after I tried a few themes I figure that ios 6 probably has the icon pictures located in a different folder.

I think this may be due to the traffic issues that Cydia has been having over the last few days. Yesterday I tried to install Jaku on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1) four times and got errors during the install, yet I tried it this morning and it worked perfectly.

You have to manually rename the app folders to coincide with the folders in iOS6. It takes some time, but it's better than waiting for the developer to do it for you.

Yea I found this out so I have went in and fixed 3 themes for myself and I'm now happy. Now I can just sit back and wait for the developers to fix them

Newbie here, could you explain how to rename the app folders to match the ones in ios 6. I have a theme that is not working, and I have been trying and trying to fix it, but I can't and its driving me crazy.

I looked at the thread, so are all of those png going to be the image of the icon that goes with the theme?

ussvoyager said:
I looked at the thread, so are all of those png going to be the image of the icon that goes with the theme?

Correct. When you click on each png file it should show the themed icon. After you fix the files you'll need to respring using winterboard to make it go into effect.

I haven't made those changes yet. But with summerboard mode on would this be the reason it resprings into safe mode? This seems like a lot of work just to get a theme to work with the new ios. I am switching from a verizon iphone 4 to a at&t iphone 4s in a couple of weeks, I think i will just jailbreak the 4s with ios 5.1.1 and stick with that for a while.

ussvoyager said:
I haven't made those changes yet. But with summerboard mode on would this be the reason it resprings into safe mode? This seems like a lot of work just to get a theme to work with the new ios. I am switching from a verizon iphone 4 to a at&t iphone 4s in a couple of weeks, I think i will just jailbreak the 4s with ios 5.1.1 and stick with that for a while.

Idk about summerboard mines always been winterboard. Are you sure the theme is suppose to be launched in summerboard.

Thats what the instructions for the theme say is to make sure summerboard mode is turned on.

ussvoyager said:
Thats what the instructions for the theme say is to make sure summerboard mode is turned on.

Oh Idk then. I always use winterboard

Hello,
I read the thread and it seems you folks are referring to pictures & icons only in your themes. However, what about sounds. I made a theme containing sounds only such as the docking sound and various sms tones. I created a new theme and placed them in a UISounds folder into a theme I created and none of them work. I did this exact same method in ios 5.1.1 with no problems. Does the current winterboard situation apply to sounds as well?

Thanks