What's new

The OFFICIAL Jailbreak Updates Thread

I think so far as anybody knows the jailbreak it top priority.... & unlock second. So the unlock most likely won't include the unlock on release.

Soz excuse my lack of knowledge when the 4.1 jailbreak is released will it unlock the iphone4 so that I can use my O2 sim in a vodafone registered phone?
Or am I reading that right that the unlock side of jailbreak will come later?

Can anyone shed any light on the above...???

well eventually vodafone will agree to permanently unlock the phone any way, if your still paying for the vodafone sim. but as i understand its his or your mothers sim thats still being paid for so if you contact vodafone and ask them when they can un lock the phone you will be better off.

now if you dont pay for any contract and you want to swap the sim and cant go to the carrier then the jailbreak will be released then the "hackers" will work on an unlock after they have the jailbreak 100% done. jb comes first unlock second, thats what i understood anw

Another sound update... thx for the good news chazz, maybe that update will keep the unlockers at bay for a little while at least.

Soz excuse my lack of knowledge when the 4.1 jailbreak is released will it unlock the iphone4 so that I can use my O2 sim in a vodafone registered phone?
Or am I reading that right that the unlock side of jailbreak will come later?

well eventually vodafone will agree to permanently unlock the phone any way, if your still paying for the vodafone sim. but as i understand its his or your mothers sim thats still being paid for so if you contact vodafone and ask them when they can un lock the phone you will be better off.

now if you dont pay for any contract and you want to swap the sim and cant go to the carrier then the jailbreak will be released then the "hackers" will work on an unlock after they have the jailbreak 100% done. jb comes first unlock second, thats what i understood anw

To cut a long story short I got the iphone4 from work because its under the companies contract and they are vodafone. So if I understand what your saying right if I phone up vodafone and ask for the phone to be unlocked they should do it? The contract from vodafone will still be being paided for anyway cause its under the company contract adn they'll be paying it. Thanks for help.

Another sound update... thx for the good news chazz, maybe that update will keep the unlockers at bay for a little while at least.

Let's hope so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To cut a long story short I got the iphone4 from work because its under the companies contract and they are vodafone. So if I understand what your saying right if I phone up vodafone and ask for the phone to be unlocked they should do it? The contract from vodafone will still be being paided for anyway cause its under the company contract adn they'll be paying it. Thanks for help.

carriers have been known to do unlocks. i dont know if vodafone will, but i know o2 has done and i am not sure if they do the iphone 4 yet but maybe voda do something similar

I have heard some say it slows the phone to a crawl?

Last edited by a moderator:

carriers have been known to do unlocks. i dont know if vodafone will, but i know o2 has done and i am not sure if they do the iphone 4 yet but maybe voda do something similar

great I'll give um a ring see what they say, thanks for info mate.

I'm trying to get comex to verify a re tweet I just saw with a release date! Hold onto your knickers people!!!

i think he may be joking, unless they meant days like DAYSSSSS in the way way far far future future haha

Nope. As usual some idiot decided to send a load of fake re tweets from the dev team members.... Oh well.... The wait continues......