What's new

The official "I've pre-ordered my iPhone 5" thread!

What iPhone5 order did you order?

• iPhone 5 16GB

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • iPhone 5 32GB

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • iPhone 5 64GB

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Black & Slate

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • White & Silver

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
go on,have a nice walk,you can sit and have a coffee and watch the world go by :)

that was the plan to go with some friends and sit and have a coffee and for me to get my nano as it was a nice day for a frappachino :)

After giving up with O2 I finally placed my order direct with Apple.com for a White 32GB!

The Archangel
å

I am surprised it worked out like that but at least now your phone wont be locked to o2

Ordered mine through the apple store app and it gave me 2 weeks for delivery time, when I check it today it says shipping on oct 5. 

that sounds about right, the two weeks is 2 weeks after launch date on the 21st not two weeks after you placed the order (if that was not clear)

Unleashed said:
I am surprised it worked out like that but at least now your phone wont be locked to o2

I was surprised too and very disappointed with O2, I've generally had good service from them but feel quite let down by them over this.

The Archangel

blessed said:
Ordered mine yesterday (black 64) through AT&T, and never received an email confirmation.
So, I called again (today) spoke with them (couldn't take the pressure of not knowing) here's what I was told;
The orders places on yesterday have NOT yet been processed. They will get to them today and tomorrow. So, I'm wondering does that mean that all the Apple orders and Verizon orders are now in FRONT of us because they (AT&T) only "took" the orders and not actually "processed" them? :-(
And second; I didn't receive an email confirmation because the rep did not correctly input my email address. Which means that a confirmation was sent to someone else. (double sad face) :-( :-(

UPDATE: well, I phoned YET again, asking about the status, and (as someone on here eluded to) it was NEVER ordered!!!!!!! I was LIVID!! Anyway, I spoke with a super competent AT&T rep, who actually PLACED the order, and stayed on the line while I checked my email for the order confirmation. The nerve of people to LIE and mislead a customer into thinking that an order was placed when it has not. Anyway, I'm FINALLY in the "Pre-ordered and awaiting delivery" group :)

I preordered the 32 gig in black directly from Sprint in hopes of receiving it on the 21st.

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the Forum and iPhones. My Wife and I are switching from Samsung Galaxy S1 phones through T-Mobile to iPhone 5's through Sprint.

I ordered a Black/Slate 32GB iPhone for myself, and my Wife is getting the 32GB White and Silver. We are set to receive it on the 21'st however when the Service Reps from Sprint called to verify my Credit Information she stated that we may receive them before then.

We are highly anticipating their arrival. We have iPad 2's and I love the Style, Simplicity, Functionality, and Quality that Apple Products have. I loved the freedom of Android, but the force closing, cheap hardware, freezing, and random battery heating became overly annoying

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the Forum and iPhones. My Wife and I are switching from Samsung Galaxy S1 phones through T-Mobile to iPhone 5's through Sprint.

I ordered a Black/Slate 32GB iPhone for myself, and my Wife is getting the 32GB White and Silver. We are set to receive it on the 21'st however when the Service Reps from Sprint called to verify my Credit Information she stated that we may receive them before then.

We are highly anticipating their arrival. We have iPad 2's and I love the Style, Simplicity, Functionality, and Quality that Apple Products have. I loved the freedom of Android, but the force closing, cheap hardware, freezing, and random battery heating became overly annoying
Hello and welcome,im sure you and your wife are going to enjoy your new phones,enjoy the forum.

WOW....i phoned 3 yesterday and ordered my nano sim,it has just arrived one day later and no charge....thats what i call service.....
Didn't it come with its own preloaded nano sim? Why would you need to buy one?

And can some of you enlighten me as to why you buy 64GB models? With everything in the cloud including my 3000 song music library in iTunes Match even with scores of tweaks and themes from Cydia and 6 months worth of photos/videos I never get anywhere near filling a 16GB.

Didn't it come with its own preloaded nano sim? Why would you need to buy one?

And can some of you enlighten me as to why you buy 64GB models? With everything in the cloud including my 3000 song music library in iTunes Match even with scores of tweaks and themes from Cydia and 6 months worth of photos/videos I never get anywhere near filling a 16GB.
I'll assume you're talking about iphone 5,it hasnt been released yet but when mine does arrive it will be unlocked from Apple and wont include a nano sim which is why i ordered one from my network,which as i said was free of charge,as for your second question people buy the model that suits their lifestyles as i'm sure you will be told.

Just received tracking info from FEDEX, Item is in transit will be delivered on 9-21-12 before 3:00 pm! getting pretty excited!

Well personally I have everything on my phone all the music photos and video I end up taking/recording that take up a lot of space especially recording in 1080p I download a tone of app store aps and games and it fills up slowly so 16gb ends up not being enough as I don't rely on iCloud that much because 5gb of iCloud is not enough, rather then paying monthly for x amount of space in the cloud I have the 64gb there to use for the price it cost to buy the device as a one off payment.

Well personally I have everything on my phone all the music photos and video I end up taking/recording that take up a lot of space especially recording in 1080p I download a tone of app store aps and games and it fills up slowly so 16gb ends up not being enough as I don't rely on iCloud that much because 5gb of iCloud is not enough, rather then paying monthly for x amount of space in the cloud I have the 64gb there to use for the price it cost to buy the device as a one off payment.
Thanks for your reply. But to correct one thing. iTunes Match isn't subject to a GB max, not the same one that governs iCloud for other stored items.

Last edited:
If apple had a 128gb model I would of got that
iTunes Match is a once a year fee - WAAY cheaper than the difference between a 16GB and a 64GB. And not subject to gigabyte maxes. I do agree videos can take up a lot of space but I don't leave them on forever.

iTunes Match is a once a year fee - WAAY cheaper than the difference between a 16GB and a 64GB. And not subject to gigabyte maxes. I do agree videos can take up a lot of space but I don't leave them on forever.

You make so good arguments and I don't leave them on there for ever but slowly after time the apps games and other media take up space and I seem to find it easier having it on my phone rather then in the cloud and for this reason I will always buy the maximum amount of space available to me.. In three years 128gb

You make so good arguments and I don't leave them on there for ever but slowly after time the apps games and other media take up space and I seem to find it easier having it on my phone rather then in the cloud and for this reason I will always buy the maximum amount of space available to me.. In three years 128gb
Understood. And each to his own. But take a look at your storage settings in Settings. I'll bet your apps and games dont get anywhere near even 8GB. I backup data to iCloud and that never gets anywhere near the max. When I get my iPhone 5 - 16GB - in the time it takes me to walk out of the Apple Store, via the cloud, my new phone will have all my data and apps and music and camera roll from my 4S. I never need to touch iTunes ever. I'll be listening to my songs streaming on the way home. The cloud has just made large data phones obsolete for me. No need for the expense difference to me.

Each to his own. I just wanted to know why people still thought they needed so much space. It's just not a need anymore even for heavy storage folks like I was.

But each to his own! Thanks for your input.

Last edited: