What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

iPhone SE added to the list. Updated for Pangu 1.3.1 Windows/1.1.1 OSX. Will be keeping this more up to date now that I've got more times on my hand.

Pangu has just released a semi-tethered JB for 9.2-9.3.3. Still only in Chinese.. English version out very shortly..Fully untethered not far behind. But you only need your computer for FIRST JB action. After that -- after a reboot - you just use their JB app to re-jailbreak each time - until untethered is out. Head to Pangu's site. Finally after 10 months.. Just in time for iPhone 7 - we have another JB for 9. Longest wait for a new JB in the history of JB-ing.

Pangu has just released a semi-tethered JB for 9.2-9.3.3. Still only in Chinese.. English version out very shortly..Fully untethered not far behind. But you only need your computer for FIRST JB action. After that -- after a reboot - you just use their JB app to re-jailbreak each time - until untethered is out. Head to Pangu's site. Finally after 10 months.. Just in time for iPhone 7 - we have another JB for 9. Longest wait for a new JB in the history of JB-ing.
It's only working for 64-bit devices.

Unless I am mistaken it looks like Pangu has released two type of JB's for IOS 10.0.1. Semi and unteathered. Can anyone confirm a legitimate release?

Unless I am mistaken it looks like Pangu has released two type of JB's for IOS 10.0.1. Semi and unteathered. Can anyone confirm a legitimate release?

From a fake site. Only use their official site at Pangu.io..

There will be many fake announcements in the next few days.

Not a legitimate jailbreak.

Just want to remind everyone that official TaiG and Pangu sites are here and here respectively. Anything in the form of TaiG or Pangu followed by a number are fake websites. The best way to find out whether a new jailbreak has been released or not is at their respective Twitter or Weibo outlets.

Pangu Twitter | TaiG Twitter

Every time I go into the Apple store they ask me how much I like my iPhone 7 Plus 256Gb, and can't help but tell them I am totally dissatisfied that I can not administer my device like I can with my Android devices. Google allows you to unlock their bootloader and I am running Resurrection Remix on a Nexus 7 2013 with so many tweaks and options that would make Cydia cry. They think if they allowed this for the iPhone it would make it weak and unsecured as well as people downloading applications that have to be paid for and get around that and instal them for free. I may have done this with one or two apps in the past but its not worth it, they never work correctly, since then I have paid for all my applications as well as Cydia apps. Its too bad Apple cannot design it so you could root it but somehow make it so the user cannot use apps for free that you must pay for.

As long as Android remains open source, it will always be less secure than iOS. By doing what you want, Apple would be giving up most of the security built into iOS, making it easier for hackers to steal info from users. Apple values the security of its users info and the level of security that iOS users enjoy wouldn't be possible with an open boot loader.