What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

As long as Android remains open source, it will always be less secure than iOS. By doing what you want, Apple would be giving up most of the security built into iOS, making it easier for hackers to steal info from users. Apple values the security of its users info and the level of security that iOS users enjoy wouldn't be possible with an open boot loader.

A main reason why after many years of only using Blackberries in the Secret Service and FBI and NSA they all switched to iPhones about three years ago. ;).

As long as Android remains open source, it will always be less secure than iOS. By doing what you want, Apple would be giving up most of the security built into iOS, making it easier for hackers to steal info from users. Apple values the security of its users info and the level of security that iOS users enjoy wouldn't be possible with an open boot loader.

Exactly, if Apple opened up iOS I wouldn't update any more. I like my phone to work and I use them. To me there is a difference between playing a game on the phone (ok) and playing with the phone (too unstable) like I used to do with PCs.

I and this is only my personal view hope that iOS will forever remain closed from jail breaking

I realize everyone has different hobbies and interests. I'm happy with a stock phone and have zero interest in jb and the related hassles.

I and this is only my personal view hope that iOS will forever remain closed from jail breaking

The problem with that is if the jailbreak is available you can choose not to use it, but if it is not available no one else can choose to use it. How does the existence of a jailbreak affect you/your phone if you chose not to jailbreak?

Smart Cars, Jaguars, Audis and Mustangs all exist, I chose not to purchase or drive them - that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist. Android, Windows, Blackberry OS all exist and again it is a personal choice to use them or not.

Too many people decide that what they want or choose to do is all that is required and any other option should not be available. The problem is who gets to make that decision? Of the billions of people in the iPhone universe why should one person (or a small group of people) limit choices for everyone else??

I choose not to jailbreak, I don't choose to limit the rest of the world's ability to make that choice.

Have you used it?

Since the night it released! 12/21/16. On my 7Plus. All good., and a smidgen more stable now - but only because the Cydia tweaks have been getting updated last 4 months. Still not for the faint of heart if you're used to super easy jailbreaks like 9.3.3.

And there's finally reputable news (after a steady stream of fakes) that Pangu will be releasing a JB for all 64bit devices (including iPhone 7/7+) for 10.3/10.3.1 within the next week (May 1'ish).

So I'd sit tight and wait for that one. But if you have to jump in now. You have to use the Mach_Portal beta 3 version for iPhone 7/7+ on 10.1.1 - or the Yalu102 for all other 64bit devices on 10.2.

No JB for 7 on 10.2

And no JB for any device on 10.2.1 -->

I'm currently trying to track down an SE, but having trouble finding one that's not 9.3.5. I've seen several jailbroken phones with Yalu on them and was wondering how they'd perform. Sounds like I just need to keep searching for a 9.3.3

I'm currently trying to track down an SE, but having trouble finding one that's not 9.3.5. I've seen several jailbroken phones with Yalu on them and was wondering how they'd perform. Sounds like I just need to keep searching for a 9.3.3

Yeah. I'm a veteran of JBng for 7 years. So the Yalu stuff is easy for me. Yalu102 is as easy and stable as 9.3.3. But not Mach_Portal for iPhone 7. That one tends to auto reboot.

But if you find an SE on 10.0->10.2 you're GOLDEN! Yalu102 is rock stable.

Yeah. I'm a veteran of JBng for 7 years. So the Yalu stuff is easy for me. Yalu102 is as easy and stable as 9.3.3. But not Mach_Portal for iPhone 7. That one tends to auto reboot.

But if you find an SE on 10.0->10.2 you're GOLDEN! Yalu102 is rock stable.
So I can jailbreak 10.1?

So I can jailbreak 10.1?

Yes. On any 64-bit device !
Just use the Yalu102 tool from Luca Tedesco for all but iPhone 7/7+

For 7/7+ use Mach_Portal tool beta 3 from his site as well. This one is a shaky JB though. Tell me if that's the one you wish to JB.. and I'll post my lengthy instructions.

Yes. On any 64-bit device !
Just use the Yalu102 tool from Luca Tedesco for all but iPhone 7/7+

For 7/7+ use Mach_Portal tool beta 3 from his site as well. This one is a shaky JB though. Tell me if that's the one you wish to JB.. and I'll post my lengthy instructions.
Cool. I bought an SE with 10.1 on it, so I'll take some help by next weekend, if you don't mind. Post or PM. I'll do some reading as well.

Thanks!

Cool. I bought an SE with 10.1 on it, so I'll take some help by next weekend, if you don't mind. Post or PM. I'll do some reading as well.

Thanks!

Yeah. You'll use Yalu102 beta 7 - I think - to JB that one. Very stable JB. Easy. Works exactly like Pangu for 9.3.3. A semi-tethered JB.. Just install with Cydia Impactor like the Pangu one. And JB. Boom done!

The only pain with this one is no 1-year cert. So you have to reinstall tool from computer every 7 days.. well IF you reboot. If you never reboot phone - then the "re-cert" will never be needed even after 7 days - until u reboot.

Last edited: