What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

Thanks for reply ...so once a jailbreak for current signed version is release one can choose to jailbreak ...and if I want to go back I can restore to current sign if I don't want jailbreak ..

6s plus Tapatalk
If you decide to go back to an unjailbroken iPhone, just restore your iPhone using iTunes. Don't use the built in "Erase all Content and Settings" feature on your iPhone.

I also need to learn to jailbreak it. I used to go to this company by my house so that they can do it but they stopped since it is illegal lol

cool guys also

Jailbreaking iOS 9.2 and above will prove to be a touch cookie to crack due to all the additional security layers added.

Think of it this way..... The jailbreak code for iOS 9.2.1 sits on a dining room table and all you need to do is grab it. The problem is that there are 2 security companies monitoring the house with every room equipped with motion sensors, video cameras monitored 24/7 by humans, magnetic door and window sensors, foil tape, glass breakage sensors. Outside the entire property is covered with motion lights. There is also a security guard 24/7 inside the house, while a different company security guard is guarding the outside of the house 24/7. There is also off duty police circling the block 24/7 as well. The entire alarm system is backed up with battery backup as well as a natural gas generator that kicks in if the batteries die. With all this security, how does one break in and grab the jailbreak code? It's not going to be easy, but never say never....

What I fear is sooner or later Apple will start using a masked ROM for the boot loader that contains fuse bytes in the ATR (Answer to Reset) code. Firmware could easily detect a jailbreak, and blow a fuse byte in the masked ROM's ATR. When the fuse byte is blown, the ATR will not "answer" properly and the phone will never boot up ever again.

Apple is already bricking iPhones that have had their fingerprint home button replaced by a 3rd party.

Jailbreaking iOS 9.2 and above will prove to be a touch cookie to crack due to all the additional security layers added.

Think of it this way..... The jailbreak code for iOS 9.2.1 sits on a dining room table and all you need to do is grab it. The problem is that there are 2 security companies monitoring the house with every room equipped with motion sensors, video cameras monitored 24/7 by humans, magnetic door and window sensors, foil tape, glass breakage sensors. Outside the entire property is covered with motion lights. There is also a security guard 24/7 inside the house, while a different company security guard is guarding the outside of the house 24/7. There is also off duty police circling the block 24/7 as well. The entire alarm system is backed up with battery backup as well as a natural gas generator that kicks in if the batteries die. With all this security, how does one break in and grab the jailbreak code? It's not going to be easy, but never say never....

What I fear is sooner or later Apple will start using a masked ROM for the boot loader that contains fuse bytes in the ATR (Answer to Reset) code. Firmware could easily detect a jailbreak, and blow a fuse byte in the masked ROM's ATR. When the fuse byte is blown, the ATR will not "answer" properly and the phone will never boot up ever again.

Apple is already bricking iPhones that have had their fingerprint home button replaced by a 3rd party.

Damnit man. After reading your post I don't see why anyone would even consider jailbreaking

Is there an easy way to get back to a jailbreak-able iOS version or should I just wait for the 9.2.1 jailbreak?

Is there an easy way to get back to a jailbreak-able iOS version or should I just wait for the 9.2.1 jailbreak?
It's not possible to revert to an iOS version that's not signed by Apple. At the moment, iOS 9.2.1 is the only one signed by them. You'll have to wait for the jailbreak. Sorry!

You can't downgrade the iOS version on your iPhone or other iOS device. The only iOS version Apple is currently signing is iOS 9.2.1. You can only install an iOS version if Apple is signing it. If the iOS version you're currently on has no jailbreak, you'll have to wait for one, however long it takes.