What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

Oh, Ok, I got it backwards.
I downloaded Taig2 but it wants a Code. Are there any free options for Jailbreaking?

Should I upgrade the phone to another iOS for other free Jailbreaking options like Pangu or something?

Should I upgrade the phone to another iOS for other free Jailbreaking options like Pangu or something?
All legitimate jailbreaks are free. If a site offering a jailbreak wants any payment, it's a scam. Never pay any money for a jailbreak. If the site you're trying to download the Taig2 jailbreak from wants a payment, it's a scam and they're trying to steal your money.

At the moment, it's possible to update to 9.1 and revert to 9.0.2, which can be jailbroken (Pangu).
You'll have to do this as soon as possible. When Apple stops signing iOS 9.0.2, you can't downgrade.

If your on an iOS 8 firmware and it works good for you, I'd think twice before going to iOS 9.0.2. Even iOS 9.1 (no jailbreak) hasn't addressed some really basic firmware bugs and flaws. I'd give ANYTHING to go back to the last iOS 8 firmware!!!!

@scifan57 - I downloaded Taig2 from the Taig website, so I thought, but when I open the program it has 2 buttons, Buy Now and Enter Code

@J.A. - is there a guide on this site to do that?

Ok, the jailbreak is done now what do I use to carrier unlock it?
I have a 4s, doesn't look like I can software unlock a 4s :(