What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

I am on 8.1 and stuck on it I guess until the next jb. My next phone will not be an iphone I promise you that. It will be a google andorid phone since they let you unlock the phone but not root it. The rooting is easy once you unlock the bootloader and google is the only vendor that lets you do it on their devices. Other androids you have to run some utility to unlock their bootloaders!! I have a Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 and enjoy all of what it can do. Easy to unlock and root and put any rom I want on them!! I am sick and tired of Apple which if they continue doing what they are doing they will just crumble.

I am on 8.1 and stuck on it I guess until the next jb. My next phone will not be an iphone I promise you that. It will be a google andorid phone since they let you unlock the phone but not root it. The rooting is easy once you unlock the bootloader and google is the only vendor that lets you do it on their devices. Other androids you have to run some utility to unlock their bootloaders!! I have a Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 and enjoy all of what it can do. Easy to unlock and root and put any rom I want on them!! I am sick and tired of Apple which if they continue doing what they are doing they will just crumble.

Are you having an issue with the TaiG jailbreak tool (version 2.4.1)? It is designed to jailbreak the most current iOS of 8.4.

Marilyn

Are you having an issue with the TaiG jailbreak tool (version 2.4.1)? It is designed to jailbreak the most current iOS of 8.4.

Marilyn

I have to look at it again. I see some complaints about the JB being very unstable unless this is not the case for everyone?

8.4 Taig JB is very stable and tool is very easy to use and also very clean. No worries at all. JB away!

8.4 Taig JB is very stable and tool is very easy to use and also very clean. No worries at all. JB away!

I was wrong about it. I figured it would not hurt to try because I could always do a clean restore. You are right it was a perfect no catch at all install except iTunes version used as I mention below and all my tweaks are working fine together. I don't have so many though just Springtomize, Activator, Barrel, iFile, PKGBackup, CCSettings, MultiIconMover+, FolderEnhancer, Cleaner, White Terminal since MobileTerminal is not working. Also another ssh app called Prompt and SSH Term Pro. Even though Infinidock and Infiniboard are not listed as IOS 8x compatible they are working fine with the tweaks I mentioned that are installed.

For me to get Prompt and SSH Term Pro to work I had to change the SSH port from 22 to something over 5000. I have a thread on this.

Connecting to localhost SSH unsandbox Prompt and SSH Term Pro Apple iPhone Forum

They only catch is I installed the latest iTunes on windows 8 and had to uninstall that and uninstall anything Apple from applications and rename the database file in iTunes and installed iTunes 12.01. I kept getting Apple Driver not found in iTunes 12.2. I used the Taig 2.43 Beta installer and not the 2.4.1. Wow they just changed it today to final. It was still labeled as Beta last night.

I will admit it is as stable if not more than the Pangu 8.1 I was running forever. Maybe it was IOS 8.1 being buggy.

Last edited:
My phone keeps crashing can I do to stop it

You best bet is to make sure you backup your phone then refresh IOS 8.4 then JB again. If you can tolerate it, put all your apps , music etc back on manually rather than restore from backup. I have learned over time, restore brings in stale files and I end up with the same issue as before. Taig released a newer version, the one I mentioned in my above post 2.4.3. What I see on occasion with this JB is a quick flash like something just happened in the background but happens so fast I cannot catch what it is doing, maybe some kind of refresh. This is the only thing I have observed, usually when opening or closing an App or Browser.

No issues here. Working perfectly but you have to start fresh!

Hello, with so many fake video's out there, I just wanted to know if there is a free Jailbreak for 8.1.3 please?
I downloaded Taig2 but it wants a Code. Are there any free options for Jailbreaking? Thank you

Hello, so can we not do the host file trick to force a downgrade anymore?
I stupidly upgraded my 4s to 8.1.3 and would like to get it to 8.1.2. Any fix for this yet?
I would just like to unlock it from the Bell Canada network. Thx
@matrixebiz
Your two posts about the same problem have been removed. Besides fragmenting the discussion and making it hard to follow, duplicate posts are against our rules. Please keep the discussion of your problem to this thread only!

Besides:
Your question has been answered by an expert, there's no other way to get the iPhone unlocked.

Ok, thanks for deleting the duplicate. So I have to Jailbreak to unlock so my question is;
I downloaded Taig2 but it wants a Code. Are there any free options for Jailbreaking? and do I download that Snow program for unlocking from Cydia? Thank you

Ok, thanks for deleting the duplicate. So I have to Jailbreak to unlock so my question is;
I downloaded Taig2 but it wants a Code. Are there any free options for Jailbreaking? and do I download that Snow program for unlocking from Cydia? Thank you
Once more:
Jailbreaking doesn't help unlocking your iPhone.