What's new

Official "evasi0n" iOS 6.0 - 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak Thread

Closed as of 3:30PM PDT / 6:30PM EDT
Wow it's closing faster and faster each time. Well I guess there's no more "one last restore" to clear things out... :)

How are the makers of redsnow coming with a 6.1.2 to 6.1.2 restore like they had for 5.1.1?

And last thing. Do you think store stock at places like BestBuy, etc.. will likely still have ip5 stock with 6.1-6.1.1-6.1.2?

Wow it's closing faster and faster each time. Well I guess there's no more "one last restore" to clear things out... :)

How are the makers of redsnow coming with a 6.1.2 to 6.1.2 restore like they had for 5.1.1?

And last thing. Do you think store stock at places like BestBuy, etc.. will likely still have ip5 stock with 6.1-6.1.1-6.1.2?

They'll have to find an exploit first to allow re-restoring. There isn't one yet on iOS 6. That would depend on the shipment. You'll most likely not get an iOS 6.1.3 iOS since it's only been released today. Unless the device was manufacteured and shipped within the last 2-3 days, it most likely won't be on iOS 6.1.3. I would take a hazardous guess that it'll most likely be on iOS 6.0.1 or 6.1

It usually takes around 1-2 months before the stores stock devices with the newest firmware, sometimes longer in remote areas. One time I did have an Apple employee attempt to update a newly purchased device before I left the store but I promptly stopped them :p

... it most likely won't be on iOS 6.1.3. I would take a hazardous guess that it'll most likely be on iOS 6.0.1 or 6.1
Nah. Not that old. My daughter got a 5 from an AT&T store the other day and it had 6.1.2 on it. Maybe some retail stores like Target, which aren't know for their mobile phone sales would have phones in stock with 6.0.1 on them. But 6.1.2 has been out for a while now. But your guess is as good as mine.
smile.png

It usually takes around 1-2 months before the stores stock devices with the newest firmware, sometimes longer in remote areas. One time I did have an Apple employee attempt to update a newly purchased device before I left the store but I promptly stopped them :p
HAHA!! Yes, exactly what I was thinking. I wonder what the look on that Apple employee's face was when you asked them not to touch it. ;)

Last edited:
Nah. Not that old. My daughter got a 5 from an AT&T store the other day and it had 6.1.2 on it. Maybe some retail stores like Target, which aren't know for their mobile phone sales would have phones in stock with 6.0.1 on them. But 6.1.2 has been out for a while now. But your guess is as good as mine. :)
HAHA!! Yes, exactly what I was thinking. I wonder what the look on that Apple employee's face was when you asked them not to touch it. ;)

It would depend on the shipment. If the iOS was released a day or two before the shipment is supposedly packaged, then they'll incorporate it before shipping it out. If the store/chain has them flying off the shelf, you'll most likely be expecting the latest iOS on there.