What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

Taig actually was tweeting that he had the 8.2 JB ready to go 'pretty much' simultaneous with the drop of the public 8.2 release.. I guess he 'missed his guess'... LOL! The Chinese Teams have been doing amazing for us (well "Pangu" is a team, and "Taig" is an individual). I guess we've come to expect immediacy this last year... But a little waiting never hurt anyone.. :)

Hello, so can we not do the host file trick to force a downgrade anymore?
I stupidly upgraded my 4s to 8.1.3 and would like to get it to 8.1.2. Any fix for this yet?
I would just like to unlock it from the Bell Canada network. Thx

Hello, so can we not do the host file trick to force a downgrade anymore?
I stupidly upgraded my 4s to 8.1.3 and would like to get it to 8.1.2. Any fix for this yet?
I would just like to unlock it from the Bell Canada network. Thx
Welcome to iPhoneForums, matrixebiz!

It's not possible to downgrade. Sorry!

Jailbreaking your iPhone doesn't help unlocking it from a carrier. You'll have to contact the carrier to get your iPhone unlocked.

Jailbreaking your iPhone doesn't help unlocking it from a carrier.
Ok, thx for the info but if I Jailbreak it, isn't there a Cydia program and another program to unlock it after Jailbreaking?

There isn't. That is wrong information.

What Johanna said. UltraSn0w only applies to the iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPhone 4 (specifically 01.59.00 baseband). All other phones can be unlocked via hardware unlock using an interposer like the X/R-SIM which will run you anywhere from $20 to $50 depending on which one you get, for which phone and where you buy it from. Software unlocks requires extremely low level exploits (may be particular to bootrom exploits) for it to work. Or, you can get a carrier unlock if you fulfill certain requirements (country dependent)

Not much talk about an 8.x jailbreak like there was with the 6 and 7.

Is the future of jailbreaking slowing fading?

Not much talk about an 8.x jailbreak like there was with the 6 and 7.

Is the future of jailbreaking slowing fading?
Interest in jailbreaking is still quite strong but Apple did a good job plugging the last batch of exploits. We're waiting to see what new exploits can be discovered and used to create the next jailbreak.

I've heard that iOS 9 will be "rootless". does anyone know how this is going to affect jailbreaks.

I've heard that iOS 9 will be "rootless". does anyone know how this is going to affect jailbreaks.

It's going to make JailBreaking a lot harder. From what I've read even Developers won't be able to access certain parts of the iOS file tree.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

It'll also make certain jailbreak apps, like Cydia, that require root access very hard or impossible to install.

I sure hope they find a way because my iPhone crash more than adroid phones right now [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

Yeah.. The key to no crashing in iOS8 is 'no animation running' on Springboard or Lockscreen. If you run widgets with animation.. You'll be crash city. UIWebKit is dead in iOS8.. Animation only runs crashless in WKWebKit environment.

So is it fake or has Taig released an unteathered JB for ios 8.3, windows only version? I see no announcement here about it?