What's new

The "Anything Goes " Thread.

Poisonivy said:
Im in England,Yorkshire is the biggest county in England,quite beautiful in places.

That explains the absence of A1 sauce near you, it's everywhere over here. One thing that I have a difficult time finding here is wheatabix, I have to buy it from Amazon.

Wowsers, I just checked Amazon for A1 sauce and it's cheaper there than it is at my local supermarket.

That explains the absence of A1 sauce near you, it's everywhere over here. One thing that I have a difficult time finding here is wheatabix, I have to buy it from Amazon.

Wowsers, I just checked Amazon for A1 sauce and it's cheaper there than it is at my local supermarket.
Wheatabix is in every s/market here, Don't like it myself.

Last edited:
Well Britain is once again being battered by gales and rain, Nice summer we're having lol.

Last edited:
Hi Chantelle, I don't want to go out there either but need to get some shopping this morning so will have to brave it.

Last edited:
Hello, me too, nothing a good Cuppa tea and ten minutes in front of the fire can't prepare me for though I suppose :)

Sent from my White iPad 3rd Gen. 32gb using Tapatalk

Oh yes,I'm with you on that, I'm on my fifth one already :)

Last edited:
Poisonivy said:
well Britain is once again being battered by gales and rain,nice summer we're having lol.

Welcome to my world, lol. In Seattle, we don't tan.. we rust. They call this the emerald state because there's moss all over everything. Here it is, June, and it's still cold and rainy here.

Welcome to my world, lol. In Seattle, we don't tan.. we rust. They call this the emerald state because there's moss all over everything. Here it is, June, and it's still cold and rainy here.
Glad its not just us then, I don't like the hot weather but a little nicer than this,theres flood warnings again too,Britain is just brilliant....Never ready for the worst!!!

Last edited:
Poisonivy said:
glad its not just us then,i don't like the hot weather but a little nicer than this,theres flood warnings again too,Britain is just brilliant....never ready for the worst!!!

Ok, you win, we never have floods here. I don't think you need to worry until you see someone in your neighborhood building a big boat, lol.

Ok, you win, we never have floods here. I don't think you need to worry until you see someone in your neighborhood building a big boat, lol.
LOL, True,we're lucky,this isn't a flood area, We are only 2 or 3 miles from a main river and canal though and the river has burst its bank so many times, Luckily it floods the other way.

Last edited:
I have a friend who thinks the world will end in December of this year because of the Mayan calendar prediction. I personally think that, if the Mayans were experts at predicting events, they would have been able to predict and prevent their own demise. But, I want to hear what others think.

Actually the Mayans simply ran out of digits to work with on their version of a mechincal calculator. So the world isn't going to end.

I lost count on how many times i heard or read that the world is ending.

Last edited:
I think the prediction is simply a change, which could mean virtually anything. It's difficult to put any stock into predictions from a race that couldn't predict their own downfall.