What's new

Thanks 4 welcoming but im in trouble :(

Itrouble

Reaction score
I bought this new "iphone 4" over the internet. I received it locked. I dont know which carrier the phone is locked to. I have no SIM for the carrier and I cant have one. i cant get into the phone to know its version. Anyone knows how I can deal with this issue... I need to unlock it please

Thanks in advance all.

where did you buy it from? ebay i am guessing? then you need to contact the seller and ask

thanks for your reply

In fact I did not do the buy myself, suppose It is locked for at&t, for example; I cant have an at&t sim because I dont live in the States. Still I cant know the Iphone version even if the seller advised me about the carrier because again I dont have a sim for it.

Last edited:
Why have you put iPhone in ""?

It's most likley you won't be able to unlock it. There hasn't been a new unlock for the iPhone 4 since before September 2010. To find out what carrier it's locked to you will need to contact apple and give them the numbers of the back of the phone...

*Threads merged and moved to General Carrier Discussions section*

Last edited:
First visit http://cutyoursim.com they provide this service of letting you know what carrier you are locked to. Don't worry cutyoursim provider is genuine and not fake.

Coming to unlocking part no one in the world including cutyoursim can unlock your phone if you are carrier locked to AT&T. Only option u r left with is to buy gevey turbo SIM not from eBay but directly from apple'n'berry who are original suppliers of gevey sim. If u buy from eBay u will end up buying fake ones!

I hope this info. helped u. All the best with your phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you guys for all your replies. I was able to put my hand on an optus sim card.... luckily it worked with my iphone like a charm. then I was able to update the software thru itunes which unlocked the iphone :) and im so happy with it.