What's new

Iphone unlock? Im a noob. Please help!

iphoneblocker101

Reaction score
Im going to buy an iphone online, but its locked to att and I want to know how to unlock it? I heard I should not buy ios 5.01 because it cant be unlocked yet. Im buying locked because I can't afford the unlocked one which is a bit more. Can I get any tips on whats the highest ios version unlocked and what software do I use to unlock it and use it with any gsm. Thanks!

It depends on baseband, not firmware. If you want to get an iPhone4 the only unlockable baseband via software is 01.59.00 which is extremely rare and hard to come by. Any other iPhone4 baseband can be unlocked with a Gevey SIM(hardware) except for 04.11.08.

If you're getting a 3Gs you need to get one with one of these basebands 04.26.08 – 05.11.07 – 05.12.01 – 05.13.04 otherwise, as long as it wasn't manufactured in 2011, you can always update to the iPad baseband to unlock but you will most likely lose GPS and there is no way to downgrade from that baseband.

Im looking on ebay and craigslist and most say locked and most say unlocked. I have to ask the sellers what the baseband version is or what exactly?

Im looking at threads here and most say the latest version of ios is not unlockable, but im seeing online that alot of sellers are selling the latest version of ios ipone 4s unlocked for any gsm so can somebody explain to me all this confusion?

Yes, if you want to know what baseband is on the phone you will have to ask the sellers directly.

Again, firmware has nothing to do with it being unlockable or not. A phone can be on 5.0.1 and still have the 01.59.00 baseband and be unlockable via software. The only way to know for sure if the phone is unlockable is to ask what baseband it's on.