What's new

Please need help jailbreaking and unlocking iphone 4

neoeire

Reaction score
hi all, i got a second hand iphone 4, 4.3.1 with baseband 4.10.1 locked to t-mobile.

after lots of research and atempting different ways i keep getting an error code 3194...

i understand that i cant unlock my baseband yet so i was going to buy a gevey pro as im on 02, i tried sn0wbreeze 2.5 to create a few custom firmwares for my 4.3.1 version but every atempt has returned the error 3194 even when i mod the host file either buy a copied file or cut and paste that ip address to it... as it was never there in the 1st place as im using itunes 10.2.2

i tried the other way of fixing it with tinyumbrella-4.33 by unclicking the cydia box which nearly worked once but returned a 1600 error code and the rest now are the 3194 error...

i think i need to preserve my baseband due to not being able to unlock right now so if someone can walk me through it step by step, eroor by error would be a great help...

all info
iphone 4
version 4.3.1
baseband 4.10.1
locked to t-mobile uk

what i would do is forget all that and just use a pay as you go t-mobile sim for three months have it activated and they will unlock the phone for you permanently.. forget all that ultrasn0w and gevey sim rubbish, i know 3 months is ages but hell i would rather wait then rely on these unlock methods. just use it as a second phone if you can.

what i would do is forget all that and just use a pay as you go t-mobile sim for three months have it activated and they will unlock the phone for you permanently.. forget all that ultrasn0w and gevey sim rubbish, i know 3 months is ages but hell i would rather wait then rely on these unlock methods. just use it as a second phone if you can.

to be honest that does sound like a good idea, but a friend of mine got the gevey pro chip and it only works out at £23 odd uk pounds($36 for ligit one not ebay copy) and works great, but jail breaking is my main concern as i like cutomizing my iphone to my style...

not really bothered with unlocking yet but def will check that out as i was going to keep my bb storm2 anyway...

but any help with jailbreaking it would be great as im not sure what will happen if i break with redsn0w and how important preserving my baseband is... and all the info i found says i should use sn0wbreeze for my version... just not working for me...

thanks for the quick reply m8

to be honest that does sound like a good idea, but a friend of mine got the gevey pro chip and it only works out at £23 odd uk pounds($36 for ligit one not ebay copy) and works great, but jail breaking is my main concern as i like cutomizing my iphone to my style...

not really bothered with unlocking yet but def will check that out as i was going to keep my bb storm2 anyway...

but any help with jailbreaking it would be great as im not sure what will happen if i break with redsn0w and how important preserving my baseband is... and all the info i found says i should use sn0wbreeze for my version... just not working for me...

you can use redsn0w or greenpois0n they both work fine

U can use gevey SIM....all the while making sure to preserve ur baseband....eventually there will be ultrasn0w unlock.

well jailbreak is not the problem you can jb any firmware easily and you would only have to top up £15 in them three months any way.. but the gevey sim would work out that you unlock much quicker, also there is no garante that the gevey sim is going to carry on working for every firmware. unless you dont care about upgrading firmwares..

but you dont have to worry about preserving baseband unless your on 01.59 just use redsn0w or sn0wbreeze if you rather but imo its easier for you to just use redsn0w and then either use the Gevey sim while the hackers work on a new unlock if you rather use that method..

but just like the Turbo sims that people used to use i dont see the Gevey sim working for much longer. but eventually the hackers get the devices hacked for life so you never know..

there was a perm unlock solution not so long ago that people where paying close to $200.. well $165 to be exact and it stopped working after one firmware update lol and the sites that offered it refused to give refunds so it turned out to be a very expensive unlock for 4.3.1

Hi all. I managed to jailbreak last night. What I did was update to 4.3.3 and then use sn0wbreeze 2.7.1 and bingo all working great. Was told one thing that might have caused the error but not sure if it was that. But for any1 else with this problem... Leave sn0wbreeze running after dfu mode and installing in iTunes. Was told it blocks the checks by apple or something.

thanks everyone for ur help and advice.

thank you for sharing your findings for those who run into the same problem and possibly the same reason why some had problems with pwnage tool