What's new

Texting photos problem

Vett

Reaction score
My wife is away in Fl and I am in NY I am trying to text her a photo that says delivered but she never gets it. I can text photos to others and to my wife when she is home. We both have iPhone 4s. She can receive texts but no photos. And we both have send as SMS turned on

My wife is away in Fl and I am in NY I am trying to text her a photo that says delivered but she never gets it. I can text photos to others and to my wife when she is home. We both have iPhone 4s. She can receive texts but no photos. And we both have send as SMS turned on
Why don't you iMessage the photos, Its very efficient and best of all free.
You could also keep in touch by iMessage too, Much better than texting.

I set mine up for iMessage and sent her a photo it says not delivered !!

Has your wife set hers up in the same way?
Is she receiving text in iMessage?

I have to wait until she gets back Tuesday
Try sending her an iMessage, If she receives it then she is set up for iMessage, Let us know if she gets iMessages from you.

Sorry I'm a little new to this. I sent her a message but how do I know it was sent by I message or text? Also I did get an answer from heritage says text message at the top with the time

Sorry I'm a little new to this. I sent her a message but how do I know it was sent by I message or text? Also I did get an answer from heritage says text message at the top with the time
When you send a message if its SMS it will be Green, If its iMessage it will be Blue.

Ok the one I just sent is green. In my settings it shows iMessage is on.

Ok the one I just sent is green. In my settings it shows iMessage is on.
It might be then that your wife hasn't set up iMessage yet on her phone, Once it is set up on both phones you should be able to use iMessage ok, You can then send photos with no problem and over wifi its free.
iMessage will need to be on on both phones too.

Ok I just spoke to her she said in settings iMessage is turned on so I told her to shut it and turn it back on, when she did it said she needed wifi or data to set it up, she is not near any wife so we will have to wait til she can set it up

I have that experience. I decided the "failed to send" notice resulted from iMessaging to an account which existed both on iPhone and iPad. If your wife has both devices, that may be the trouble.

Incidentally, the failure message offers to send plain text, and when I go that way, the picture and text go off quickly with no trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk