What's new

Tell me what is on your 16gb phone. Confused whether to get 16gb or 32gb.

aimee613

Reaction score
I would love to hear some examples of what specifically a 16gb phone can hold. I am debating 16 or 32, but don't have a feel for how much room things take up as far as music, apps, videos, and photos. Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

9 GB music, 2 GB music videos, 4GB videos & pics, 20+ apps. I've got 17 GB free and am still loading stuff on. A 16 GB phone would be too small for me.

The only reason to get 32GB over 16GB, I own the 16GB, is if you plan to store large amounts of music, videos and photos. Music and video are the two largest hogs of memory space. Esp if the video is of very high quality.

Since I don't do either Video or Music, I have 9GB free after installing a tad over 100 apps and about 1700 photos.

I would love to hear some examples of what specifically a 16gb phone can hold. I am debating 16 or 32, but don't have a feel for how much room things take up as far as music, apps, videos, and photos. Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

16 gb if you plan to sell your phone after use as it holds value a lots better.
I have 16gb and have 200 apps which takes up about 8gb, 3gb of music, and 3gb of pictures, movies and videos.

Welcome,

I have the 16gb. I don't think I've ever used more than half of it.

You can get on average about 250 mp3's to 1gb. Photos and the HD videos the the iPhone 4 takes can use up alot of space. I'm currently at 2gb with over 150 photos and about 20mins of HD video. Apps can take up most space but can also take up the least. Some apps only take up a meg or two but others (HD games for example) can take up over 1gb...

I'm willing to bet that if your not sure that you need a 32, then you probably don't. Save yourself the 100 bucks/euros or whatever (that's a lot of money) and just manage your memory. I have hundreds of songs, pics and videos and am nowhere near the end of my memory. Nobody needs a hundred Apps and there is no way they use them all. I can't believe how many people here throw out "just get the 32" like it's biggie-sizing your coke...

Last edited:
Nobody needs a hundred Apps and there is no way they use them all.

Interesting opinion. Mainly because I use every app I have between my iPhone and iPad on a minimum of a weekly basis but on average evey five days. I have 11 news apps I check daily, around 30 games I play at least one level a day and another dozen auxiliary apps I check for specialized data. And that is just the first two hours of my weekday. So that accounts for the first 50 without even trying.

Opinions are wonderful things. But remember, they are never based in facts.

Something to think about the next time you want to make a blanket statement about a subject matter.

Wow, that's very impressive. You use 50 apps in two hours. OP, you'd better get the 32 then!

Last edited:
Wow, that's very impressive. You use 50 apps in two hours. OP, you'd better get the 32 then!

What part of "I own a 16gb" did you miss out on? The "I own" part or the "16gb" part?

Seriously are you're reading comprehension skills truly that low? Or are you unable to hold a logical discussion due to some bias I am unaware of?

I have 16gb and have 8.4 gb left..i have over 200 pictures 6videos a little over 100 songs. And a TON of apps. O feel there is no need to get over 16 unless you need an extreme amount of storage

What part of "I own a 16gb" did you miss out on? The "I own" part or the "16gb" part?

Seriously are you're reading comprehension skills truly that low? Or are you unable to hold a logical discussion due to some bias I am unaware of?

Why so grumpy? Did your mom wake you up late for your shift down at Bestbuy?

Why so grumpy? Did your mom wake you up late for your shift down at Bestbuy?

My grandchildren are better at making snide remarks.

Look if you want to post ignorant things, so be it, I can't stop you. I served this country to help protect your right to do that very thing in fact.

My only question is why would you want to go from being ignorant to just plain stupid without knowing all the facts?