What's new

I phone... 3.8GB of "OTHER" space???

SlickYamaha

Reaction score
So I just got my new 4s yesterday, took some time last night to load a couple apps (less than 10) did some music (about 3.5 gigs) and a few photos, (like 5, yes, 5 photos)
When I plug it into iTunes it says...
Audio: 3.5GB
Photos: .01GB
Apps: .23GB
OTHER: 3.8GB
FREE: 6.2GB
This is the 16GB device, and with that little bit of media, I have 7GB? Moderated is the OTHER that is taking up so much room, and how can I rid myself of its junky-ness? Its 24hours old! lol

Thanks in advance.

PS, no jailbreak, no mods at all, brand new phone...

Last edited by a moderator:
That always been a problem, even you have a lot of space on others. There is a lot stuff that can be part of that and normally the main can be emails with a attachments or so on.

To me the only known way to clear the “Other” iPhone usage is to completely restore the iPhone through iTunes. Remember to sync and backup your iPhone otherwise you will lose your contacts, settings, music, and other data.

Yeah, I had read alot of other people had this issue, but usually they had their phones for awhile, or jailbroken. out of the box i was not expecting in. I did the reset, and now it says .52GB OTHER... lets just hope that it doesnt go back up. Thanks!

No problem, have a good one. Glad we was able to help.