What's new

tapped iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mf87

Reaction score
Hi,

For the past few months, I have experienced really weird things with my iPhone. A friend mentioned that she knew someone who had a really terrible experience with her iphone-- that someone had used spyware to monitor her activity. I googled it and see that these programs do exist, and it's sort of freaking me out.

Aside from the battery life dying fairly quickly, my family has been complaining and telling me for months that whenever they dial my phone, there is a long silence before the dial tone beeping happens. So I tried it today. And it's true. There is a long pause (maybe 8-10 seconds), and then almost a click, and then another shorter pause where the white noise sounds different (about 4-5 seconds), before the phone starts to ring. I've tried calling my phone from two different land lines.

I also have been noticing a delay in my e-mails arriving into my inbox, and that some have been marked as read before I have even read them. I also have noticed changes in my settings, like my location settings (which I always have turned off, and they randomly turn on).

Regardless, it's all weird, and I feel like this sounds absolutely absurd-- but I've put off really questioning it for a super long time now...

Does anyone have experience with this?

I'd suggest to best contact Verizon (or your network provider) to report your fears and get specific network advice

Do a full restore of your phone if your worried about hackers. It will completely wipe it and set it back to factory settings. Don't restore from a back up if you have been hacked then there could be something in the back up...

If your phone is actually tapped, there is nothing you can do with your phone to stop the tap...Taps are done at the source, which would be Verizon. Lines that are monitored (tapped) wirelessly need to be flagged at the provider.
Also, if it's tapped, Verizon, by law can't tell you if your phone is tapped or they can be charged for a felony.
Also, of your phone is being tapped, you must be up on the food chain as criminals go since a wire tap costs the locality court that issued the tap. Most of your garden type criminal or "person of interest" will never have their lines tapped.
And you wouldn't be asking on a forum thread if your phones being tapped...
I am sure it's probably local network issues or a questionable phone and maybe just get a exchange!

Last edited:
How would they be able to do that?? I'm lost. Now I'm freaking out!!!
My battery goes pretty fast as well. But I play games and such. The battery also charges pretty dern fast too. I keep my mail off till I decide to check it. Nothing wrong there.
My phone is jailbroke.
So who would be the likely victim for that what you are talking about??
Oh, I don't sync my phone with iTunes. The last time I did was when I jb it. The reason I don't sync it is bc the stupid newsstand pops back out of the folder I put it in.
I'm so confused. This is scary.
Peoples should be warned. I can't do it bc all I would be able to say is Beware!!! They want to tap you... Your phone, I mean.
Seriously. I'm still confused.
Is it hackers or Verizon? Why would they tap your phone? How can you prevent this? And how can you tell they did? What does it mean?? What or who causes it??

You wouldn't be able to do a restore after its tapped, would you? Or would they still be tapping you?

Is there a site to learn more??

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way they can see what you do on your iphone is if they install a app themselves. Read an article about it somewhere but can't remember where though.

Ok if you ever come across it again send me the link plz if you don't mind.

Okay, let's get something straight ...the term "tapped" is what the authorities use to monitor a suspect in a criminal investigation. If your not a criminal ( and you'd have to be a substantial criminal to justify the costs and time) than your not being "tapped". Also, if your tap worthy to the law enforcement community than your probably be smart enough not to be posting you concerns on forums like this!
If your phone is hacked, than bring it to a Apple Store...since I feel Apple has better staff for trouble-shooting and/or repair or replacement.

They are also using the camera to watch your every move, to see what is in your home and to photo your friends. The tracking device is actually in the case you put on the phone and not the actual phone itself. My cousins ex wifes brothers neighbors uncle used to be with "them" and he told us. ; - )
Prolly just got a bad phone,or maybe not..........

They are also using the camera to watch your every move, to see what is in your home and to photo your friends. The tracking device is actually in the case you put on the phone and not the actual phone itself. My cousins ex wifes brothers neighbors uncle used to be with "them" and he told us. ; - )

Now now. Lol...

Your cousins ex wife's brothers neighbours uncle? You sure you haven't missed anyone off there (laughs out loud) (notice the l-o-l there? It's a joke) 😜

iHolophyte

Last edited:
My cousins ex wifes brothers neighbors uncle used to be with "them" and he told us

blimey. - i think i must be billy no mates brother now :(
( or would that be his cousin - twice removed ? ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.