What's new

tapped iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your cousins ex wife's brothers neighbours uncle? You sure you haven't missed anyone off there (laughs out loud) (notice the l-o-l there? It's a joke) 😜

iHolophyte

Could also be my uncle neighbors brothers ex wife's cousin. There is no much I think, in both cases the genealogical trees are extremely long but not infinite :)

How would they be able to do that?? I'm lost. Now I'm freaking out!!!
My battery goes pretty fast as well. But I play games and such. The battery also charges pretty dern fast too. I keep my mail off till I decide to check it. Nothing wrong there.
My phone is jailbroke.
So who would be the likely victim for that what you are talking about??
Oh, I don't sync my phone with iTunes. The last time I did was when I jb it. The reason I don't sync it is bc the stupid newsstand pops back out of the folder I put it in.
I'm so confused. This is scary.
Peoples should be warned. I can't do it bc all I would be able to say is Beware!!! They want to tap you... Your phone, I mean.
Seriously. I'm still confused.
Is it hackers or Verizon? Why would they tap your phone? How can you prevent this? And how can you tell they did? What does it mean?? What or who causes it??

You wouldn't be able to do a restore after its tapped, would you? Or would they still be tapping you?

Is there a site to learn more??

A little paranoid are we?

I bought an AT&T iPhone from a friend who is known to steal. I took it to Verizon, which they can't flash from AT&T to Verizon. So, I did the trade in program and put the gift card they gave me toward the iPhone I have now.

There is software I believe it is, that can be installed physically on your phone by anybody. They have to have access to your phone to install it, and can remotely, from their phone or computer, see texts, photos, gps location, hear phone calls, voice mails etc. It installs like an app, but runs in the background.

I've heard of remote access through a txt. The txt would contain numbers and symbols. It would also have to be read. They may also have a R.A.T. For the iPhone? Jail breaking your phone was a mistake, in my eyes. You have no idea what you put into your phone when you jailbroke it. I would restore it, be ready with a good anti- virus when you do.

grnhays said:
I've heard of remote access through a txt. The txt would contain numbers and symbols. It would also have to be read. They may also have a R.A.T. For the iPhone? Jail breaking your phone was a mistake, in my eyes. You have no idea what you put into your phone when you jailbroke it. I would restore it, be ready with a good anti- virus when you do.

iPhone's cannot get viruses and all he did when he jailbroken was install Cydia. That's all jail breaking is.......the installation of Cydia, and making a couple extra directories to store whatever you install. Who installs things when they don't know what they are.lol. Seriously?

Last edited:
Unless someone breaks into your house, grabs your phone, and installs CyLay, there is nothing to worry about. Talk about paranoia.lol.

People can also gain access to the root file system through OpenSSH (all ya have to do is change the password which is more than easy). But unless your next door neighbor is an identity thief iPhone hacker and some how knows your root password....that's not gonna happen.

Plus OpenSSH is pointless when there is afc2add. Which allows root access to the phone through USB only.

zig9449 said:
iPhone's cannot get viruses and all he did when he jailbroken was install Cydia. That's all jail breaking is.......the installation of Cydia, and making a couple extra directories to store whatever you install. Who installs things when they don't know what they are.lol. Seriously?

I didn't mean his iPhone would get a virus. I was talking about his pc. When I restored a jail broken iPod touch, all hell broke loose on my pc.

grnhays said:
I didn't mean his iPhone would get a virus. I was talking about his pc. When I restored a jail broken iPod touch, all hell broke loose on my pc.

Like what kind of hell? Restoring an I device cannot do anything to your PC. It makes virtually no sense.

This thread sounds a lil fishy to me. Someone would have to put an app on the phone. There is no way for anyone to do it from outside of the phone. I don't think a cell company would like to lose a big law suit if they tried it.

Change your email password. Your wife is reading your email before you do...

thewitt said:
Change your email password. Your wife is reading your email before you do...

That sounds more like it. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.