What's new

Is my iPhone tapped/Is there Spyware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mf87

Reaction score
Hi,

For the past few months, I have experienced really weird things with my iPhone. A friend mentioned that she knew someone who had a really terrible experience with her iphone-- that someone had used spyware to monitor her activity. I googled it and see that these programs do exist, and it's sort of freaking me out.

Aside from the battery life dying fairly quickly, my family has been complaining and telling me for months that whenever they dial my phone, there is a long silence before the dial tone beeping happens. So I tried it today. And it's true. There is a long pause (maybe 8-10 seconds), and then almost a click, and then another shorter pause where the white noise sounds different (about 4-5 seconds), before the phone starts to ring. I've tried calling my phone from two different land lines.

I also have been noticing a delay in my e-mails arriving into my inbox, and that some have been marked as read before I have even read them. I also have noticed changes in my settings, like my location settings (which I always have turned off, and they randomly turn on).

Regardless, it's all weird, and I feel like this sounds absolutely absurd-- but I've put off really questioning it for a super long time now...

Does anyone have experience with this?

Last edited:
Perform a restore on your iPhone. There are cases of spyware from some of my colleagues that bring their phones to us, and those are some of the symptoms of it as well. Do also check your computer as well since one of my colleagues might've gotten it when his pc was infected when he brought that in ad well

If someone is really tapping into your iPhone without your consent then it is against the law. Invasion of privacy. Legal actions can be taken.

If someone is really tapping into your iPhone without your consent then it is against the law. Invasion of privacy. Legal actions can be taken.

Wow didn't notice that it's a dead thread.....

Well sometimes or most times, you can't track the origins of it or where it's sending it's info to.

Status
Not open for further replies.