What's new

Swollen Finger !

Myron

Reaction score
After using the iPhone for just a week, the finger I always use for the keyboard is swollen, red and has cuts and bleeds. This is because I have difficulty pressing the "keys" on the right-side of the keyboard. I must press vigorously. The cuts are from the bumper case sold to me without an opening slot for the power on/off switch. To rectify, I had to make my own cut which left an un-even, and sharp opening; causing cuts on the finger. I have since discarded the case as the merchant refuses to give an exchange or refund. I went on a quest to find a vinyl bumper case which has the power switch cut-off and it was almost fruitless. I finally found such a case but it wasn't easy! My question is I seem to recall the original iPhone came with a stylus to protect fingers from an injury such as I got. Are these styli still sold? Where? How to carry so it won't get lost? Thanks.

You don't need a stylus. iPhones have never been supplied with one unless you by a fake one. The touch screen isn't designed to be used with one.

I know you've already found yourself a case but I can highly recommend the griffin motif. It's a nice feeling in your hands (softer than the phone itself) and even though it covers the power and volume buttons you can press them with ease...

Thanks again. I seem to recall guys at the Apple Store using a stylis when using the keys when the first iPhone came-out. As you say, they must have been using their own stylus. My finger is still swollen although I've switched fingers to access the keys. Cheers!

Thanks again. I seem to recall guys at the Apple Store using a stylis when using the keys when the first iPhone came-out.

Yep, they use them all day and put in orders and such for the back room, shipping, etc. Apple gives them to their employees to get shi* done quick and accurately... We consumers can deal with autocorrect apparently. A stylus would be nice in the next gen. But I also don't want stylus marks all over my screen! What a predicament.

Thanks again. I seem to recall guys at the Apple Store using a stylis when using the keys when the first iPhone came-out.

Yep, they use them all day and put in orders and such for the back room, shipping, etc. Apple gives them to their employees to get shi* done quick and accurately... We consumers can deal with autocorrect apparently. A stylus would be nice in the next gen. But I also don't want stylus marks all over my screen! What a predicament.
iphone respond to finger touch, unless that stylus have a kind of finger skin at the end, the iphone screen will not respond to any touch otherwise.

iphone respond to finger touch, unless that stylus have a kind of finger skin at the end, the iphone screen will not respond to any touch otherwise.

Not necessarily true.

A conventional stylus designed for a resistive screen will not work on a capacitive screen at all.

However, they DO make styli designed specifically for use with capacitive touch screens. This one is marketed for use with the iPad:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Capacitive-iPad-Stylus-Black/dp/B000BUI76S]Amazon.com: BoxWave Capacitive iPad Stylus (Jet Black): Electronics[/ame]

And it works for the iphone as well? Anyway good to know that the iPad can using stylus.