What's new

SlickWraps Review

Hello forum members and visitors,

Today I'm gonna give everybody my full review of the wraps SlickWraps sent me.

First off let me say this, I'm blown away by the quality of these fine products. It's very hard to impress me with a product like this, but I'll have to say, SlickWraps has turned me into a believer. When i opened the package to the red carbon full body wrap, blue vivid glow wrap, and the clear snap on case I was immediately impressed with the overall look and feel of the product. I couldn't wait to install this product onto my Verizon iPhone 4.

So i proceeded to clean my iPhone with the lint free microfiber cloth SlickWraps included. After my iPhone was squeaky clean I started the installation process. I began with the red carbon fiber full body wrap. The entire procedure was very simple and straight forward. I had no problem lining up the wraps on my iPhone. So with the wrap fully installed i noticed something.... No air bubbles! I never have installed any type of wrap or screen protector without a few air bubbles popping up! No matter how much I'd squeegee I would always have air bubbles! The next thing I noticed was the cut-outs for the volume buttons, the headphone jack, the silent switch, the noise cancellation mic, the speaker, the main mic, the 30 pin doc connector, and the home button were all precision cut. Everything fits very smooth like it should!

The red carbon wrap looked amazing on my iPhone after the installation was complete! The product just feels premium, durable, and of high quality. I could go on and on about this particular wrap, but lets move on to the blue vivid glow wrap!

The Blue Vivid Glow wrap felt just as good as the red carbon fiber wrap. All of the cut outs were precision cut and the skin was very smooth! This wrap is a tad bit thicker, but that's probably due to the material that makes this wrap glow. After installation, I went outside at night to test this wraps glow in the dark feature. I was yet again impressed by this product. The wrap glowed just as bright as a glow stick you can buy at a concert, or around Halloween! If you didn't know any better you would think this product was battery powered! :D!! This would be a great wrap for those who like to go out a lot at night, or it'd make a real good conversation starter! Now lets move on to the crystal clear snap on case.

The clear snap on case is an exceptionally clear case! This case is like other clear cases you can buy, but for the fraction of the price! I installed the case over both the red carbon wrap, and the blue vivid glow wrap. The case fit very snug on my iPhone with both of the wraps. Its a great way to add extra protection along with the SlickWraps! The cut-outs are all where they should be, and the case doesn't have the flash bleeding into your pictures problem like some cases do. Overall I like the clear snap on case and the red carbon fiber full body wrap combination, but that's just my personal preference!

Well to round everything up in this review I'd just like to thank SlickWraps for the products they sent to my home, and for the opportunity to write this review! The pictures I attached really don't do this product justice. The wraps look great and feel great! Also the vivid glow wrap was difficult to take a picture of in the dark. My camera just wasn't up to the task (It'd been nice if i could've use my iPhones camera! :D) SlickWraps has just gained a lifetime customer! I'd just like to say keep up the good work, and i hope everybody enjoyed reading this review!

You can check out all of SlickWraps products, and the ones mentioned in this review, at their website

Custom skins, wraps and cases for iPhones, iPads and other mobile devices

You can also contact, or read up on SlickWraps products in our Sponsoring vendors forum.

So the Glow in the dark full body (blue) fits okay?

I ordered a slickwrap and it has arrived. I ordered the brushed Stainless steel and found that the edges of where it is cut isnt very smooth. Also, the cut outs were so hard to take off (i think i stretched the wrap a little trying to take cut outs which lead to it not fitting perfectly :S, i had to do abit of cutting of the side band to get it to fit well). Also, I have a front screen protector on my Iphone and when i tried putting it on, try to remove to realign, it was nearly impossible to remove. I had to remove screen protector then wedge the slickwrap off which stretched my slickwrap and ruin screen protector. Am I not putting then on properly or has other people have this problem too?

bk123 said:
I ordered a slickwrap and it has arrived. I ordered the brushed Stainless steel and found that the edges of where it is cut isnt very smooth. Also, the cut outs were so hard to take off (i think i stretched the wrap a little trying to take cut outs which lead to it not fitting perfectly :S, i had to do abit of cutting of the side band to get it to fit well). Also, I have a front screen protector on my Iphone and when i tried putting it on, try to remove to realign, it was nearly impossible to remove. I had to remove screen protector then wedge the slickwrap off which stretched my slickwrap and ruin screen protector. Am I not putting then on properly or has other people have this problem too?

It just takes patience. I experienced the same thing with my slick wrap

Just ask of curiousity, has anyone tried taking it off after like say a year and see whether there is any residue when removed?