What's new

Problems with Bumper Case

Myron

Reaction score
I bought a plastic bumper case for my 3GS but I didn't realize a problem with it. There is no slot on the upper-right for the power on-off switch; instead there is a bump rising from the plastic. The seller told me I must press hard to use the switch. As a result, I have sore fingers. Likewise, the volume switch on the left side of the unit also has no cut-out for the switch but has a bump in the case instead. Why wasn't cuts made? There are open-cuts for all the other controls and a hole for the camera lens as well. Maybe the case is defective that's why I only paid $5. Aren't the bumper cases supposed to have cut-open slots for these controls? Thanks.

I bought a plastic bumper case for my 3GS but I didn't realize a problem with it. There is no slot on the upper-right for the power on-off switch; instead there is a bump rising from the plastic. The seller told me I must press hard to use the switch. As a result, I have sore fingers. Likewise, the volume switch on the left side of the unit also has no cut-out for the switch but has a bump in the case instead. Why wasn't cuts made? There are open-cuts for all the other controls and a hole for the camera lens as well. Maybe the case is defective that's why I only paid $5. Aren't the bumper cases supposed to have cut-open slots for these controls? Thanks.

not the $5. ones, you cut it yourself. lol

I got a free bumper case from my network through the post one morning. I already had a good case but decided to try it out anyway. It's was terrible. I had no feeling for either the volume or power buttons. Just like the case I've got, the buttons were covered as you described but on the bumper case it was a hit or miss if they worked. It was promptly thrown in the bin...

No wonder my bumper case cost only $5 while Apple charges $30. The case I got stuck with has no open slots for the on/off as well as the volume up/down controls. I attempted cutting-out myself but it's still almost impossible to use these controls. I visited the Apple Store but they no longer sell bumper cases for the 3GS; only for the new iPhone 4. Any advice? Thanks.