What's new

Switching on device difficulties.

Anton5236

Reaction score
Hi all

Yesterday I dropped my Iphone 5c and the screen became unresponsive, So to avoid having people thinking I was avoiding their calls I turned the phone off by holding down the power and home buttons simultaneously.

How ever now my phone will not turn back on. It's as though it's completely dead, but I know it had near 100% battery before I turned it off.

Any ideas on what the problem might be? As I don't want to spend money on getting the screen repaired unless I'm sure the phone is still worthy of me doing so.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to iPhone Forums, Anton5236!

The procedure you're describing as "turning off" usually is used when something isn't working as it should. However, there's something missing that you didn't do: wait for the Apple logo to appear.

It's called "force starting" the device. The complete procedure is described here:
Press and hold Home and Power button at the same time, until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it appears, let go of both buttons. Your iPhone will power up on it's own.
Try the correct procedure, which hopefully will restart your device.

If the screen stays black, you'll have to visit an Apple Retail Store, or contact Apple Support. They'll take a look at your iPhone and tell you what's wrong with it.