What's new

Touch Screen unresponsive after replacing digitizer

remarkable

Reaction score
My iphone fell and the screen shattered. The touch screen and display were working though. I replaced the digitizer, and believe that everything is correctly connected, however my screen is now completely unresponsive. Other than taking my phone into a shop for repair, any advice?

Take your phone to somebody who knows what they are doing....no reflection on your work but every time you open your iPhone the potential for accidental damage is high....

I just changed the screen on an iPod touch. Didn't work at first. Opened it back up and the last connection wasn't tight. I would guess you have a loose connection. So you can either try it again to make sure all is tight or take it in. Although sometimes a shop will charge more since you opened it or replace the parts you just replaced.

It's probably safe to assume that you've repalced your screen w/ the cheapest possible one you could find. That, in my opinion, is the first culprit of a non-working screen after replacement. Check this step by step teardown and see if you come across something you've missed... Installing iPhone 3GS Display Assembly - iFixit.