What's new

Replacement LCD /digitiser partially unresponsive

Gman2501

Reaction score
Hi how are you, using a iPhone 4 at the minute. Got a digitiser problem, I did search digitiser but wasn't a lot of info there, any suggestions on a partially unresponsive screen, it's the bottom third that's a bit hit and miss. It's been replaced twice now due to a cracked screen. It's better than the first replacement but still not good enough to make do with. Repairer seems to know what he's doing but going to take it back again and probably go a bit mental at him.
Do you think that it's poor workmanship or faulty parts or could there be a hardware problem with the phone..
Sorry for blabbing on.
Wasn't replaced by apple. £70 paid for replacement..
Don't know quality of parts either.

Thanks for getting in touch so quickly. I'll ask him if he used oem parts. Have a good night I'll let you know how I get on.

Hi how are you chaps. Good news he never stated what quality parts were being used,but he did state that he was going to try something different! Well anyway third times a charm and it's working great. Thank for your help eddieg and poison ivy.

Hi how are you chaps. Good news he never stated what quality parts were being used,but he did state that he was going to try something different! Well anyway third times a charm and it's working great. Thank for your help eddieg and poison ivy.
thats really great,glad its working now,sounds like this time he fitted the genuine part.