What's new

Replacement screen.

jerihall

Reaction score
Recently I dropped my iPhone 3GS onto the ground smashing the glass. It still worked perfectly but made it difficult to see. I ordered a replacement screen off eBay and got a friend to fit it, after the new screen went in when touching the screen it seemed to be off for example if u touch 2 it will select one if u touch 9 it will select 8 - everything is going to the left. Does anyone know if I get a replacement screen will this fix the problem? Thanks :)

Recently I dropped my iPhone 3GS onto the ground smashing the glass. It still worked perfectly but made it difficult to see. I ordered a replacement screen off eBay and got a friend to fit it, after the new screen went in when touching the screen it seemed to be off for example if u touch 2 it will select one if u touch 9 it will select 8 - everything is going to the left. Does anyone know if I get a replacement screen will this fix the problem? Thanks :)

It could be two things. The replacement screen you bought could be faulty or the motherboard went bad. Chances are the motherboard got messed up while your friend was installing the new screen.

Last edited:
You can also try doing a hard reset and see if it resets your screen back to normal.

try getting your friend to open phone up again disconnect connectors then re- connect, i had to do this my whole left side of screen was not responding to touch, this may help if not it may be the screen as stated by others!!!!

It sounds like you have a faulty digitizer (part of the glass screen). It needs replacing again, and it may be worth using a third party iPhone screen service.

Last edited by a moderator: