What's new

Switched to android. (for 3 days)

Budco2000

Reaction score
Sunday I went to best buy and got me a samsung galaxy S with android 2.2. It was a nice phone, the first I loved it, downloaded a lot of the same apps I had on my iPhone 4. Day 2 I started missing my iPhone. The android menu system and apps screen I found to be cluttery. So much At&t bloatware and trials that were not deletable nor could you create a folder to stick them worthless icons in. Day 3 it went back to to best buy for a full refund. The only thing I really liked about the android was that websites had flash animations which iPhones don't. I've had at least 8 smart phones since 2005 and iPhone is still the best. Eventually all websites will be html5 and flash will slowly fade out. People giving up iPhones for an android base phones don't think it gonna be a whole new experience because it's pretty much the same. Controls and gestures are nearly identical. iTunes is way more organized then the android market place. This is just my opinion. Welcome back to my hand iphone4. Lol

the att gala s is a pos phone its not a true highend andriod device att has very poor andriod devices the good ones are

droid x
evo 4g
epic 4g
g2
nexus s
droid 2
droid incredable
these are the andriods you would want

"I've had at least 8 smart phones since 2005 and iPhone is still the best."

My research before I acquired my iphone 4 already told me that. Luckily, you were able to return the android, here in OZ, we don't have that luxury, trial and error is not an option for us. Anyway, nice to hear you had the opportunity to go and check the grass over the fence and did not find it greener.

just come from droid (x10) and can't say I miss the google "watching" :)
everything you do or change has to be synced !

just come from droid (x10) and can't say I miss the google "watching" :)
everything you do or change has to be synced !

No It doesn't have to be at all. I've used both Android and iPhone, currently iPhone. Yeah I just about prefer it but don't put people off Android just because you can't get your facts right!!!!

I really like my Iphone 4 but, I like Android also. I'm familiar with Android because that's what I started with. There are a lot of cool phones that are coming out now and, the Android market is growing.

I'm sticking with the Iphone for now but, I can't say I won't go back to Android in the future. It just depends on what's available next year or when my contract is up.

If Verizon gets a new 4G LTE Iphone, I'm jumping all over that!

but don't put people off Android just because you can't get your facts right!!!!

wasn't attempting to put people off android .... I still have my x10 !

each has it's own good points and bad points. i know android can be tailored ... and the latest is rather good, just not as "complete" as the iphone ui experience.

maybe by version 3 I'll be back with android, who knows :)

Last edited: