What's new

Suddenlink or Suddenlly Lame ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

will_megas

Reaction score
Do NOT get SUDDENLINK FOR YOUR CABLE PROVIDER.

They tell you the cost to replace a cable modem is $25 & you get the bill, it's $55.

You make any changes to your account like upgrading or add anything extra, they charge an "upgrade fee."

They charge a load of taxes.

Their online bill is worded silly in spots. "Silly" is putting it lightly; I mean I'm trying to keep from cussing in this fine forum.

You need to know this. The only way you would feel have to have Suddenlink, is because, they're the ONLY cable provider in the city you reside in.
If that's the case, I will advise you move to a bigger city where these providers would have to compete with each other to provide good service to you and not to their own trifling agendas.

Hi will_megas,

My name is Tina and I am with Suddenlink. I'd be happy to look into the comments you have represented above. Please feel free to contact me directly.

[Moderator edit: Removed link to e-mail address. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your response. I received an email for feedback with Suddenlink and promptly submitted. I tried to be a little more thorough, and I vented some more(lol).

For real though, where I was working as a CSP, I wish we could refer a customer to their local office about their printed bill. But, you know, "...as part of our worry-free guarantee, your problem is my problem...," or something of that nature. We had ownership of customers' dilemmas & strived for first-call-resolution.

Nowadays, it doesn't seem to matter as much. Now it's call-times or selling things with one year warranties that go bad on the second year.(lol)

Oh yeah, and converting all local store contacts to the 800# call-centers, who spit at FCR and refer us customers to our local store was very shady move. Very dirty, that move was. What's next, overseas customer support?

Another thing, an example of good business practice: I've either heard on the radio or seen it on tv where a certain bank was making customer service accessible 24/7. Moments after, my bank did the same thing. Wow! My bank must really appreciate their customers' business.

I've exaggerated about the taxes Suddenlink charges. I was just venting; my apologies. My main issue is the customer service.

Wow! I'm looking at the online bill, and I see that the wording is changed from "last month's balance due" to "current balance due" was a good implemented change. Perhaps, that's a start.

Yes, this thread is in our "Off Topic Discussion" area. No, we will not allow you to continually rant about your Cable Provider. CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.