What's new

Sudden battery loss

nofear18

Reaction score
I have had my phone since mid- October. Today, unplugged at 4:30 a.m. it was at 100%. Not using any apps, no apps running, wifi on ( as I usually have it) battery is now at 53% ( 8:00 a.m.) Never had it go down that far that fast. Any ideas? Usually, with the way I use it, the battery goes for most of the day. Went down 1% just in this posting.

What are the conditions of the iPhone? iPhone 1? 2? 3? 4? what is the iOS? jailbreak or not? provide better info if you can.

Sorry Iphone 4S, on Sprint network, bone stock, usually charge overnight. I unplug it at about 4:15 a.m and the battery usually goes till about 6-7 p.m. until 20% warning comes up. I make about 4-5 calls a day, use it to check email at work ( on wifi) and have it on wifi at home. Today was just weird in a sense that it was at 100% when I unplugged, didn't really notice battery use, didn't do anything different, all apps had been closed, and it went to 86% by 7:00 a.m, and 53% by 8:00 a.m.. I turned the phone off, turned off bluetooth and location services and now (10:30 a.m.) its at 43%. Any ideas?

Just to clarify, when you say you have no apps running are you including those which show up in the recently used apps list? I know from experience, for example, that a GPS navigation app that's left on when you switch to another app will continue to run in the background. That will eat up battery quick. I'd just make a point of closing any apps in that recently used apps list to be sure.