What's new

Streaming Video - How do I save it? youtube, etc.

hokemon33

Reaction score
I searched a couple of terms but didn't find a thread on this...

On my old phone when I went to view a video on youtube it automatically saved it to my videos folder. With the iPhone 4 I go to the video and it opens it in quicktime and shows it to me, but then I cannot save it for quicker, later viewing. Are there any apps or fixes or methods to allow us to save streaming video or youtube videos to our phone?

Yeah, not sure either if there's actually some app to let you download youtube videos straight on the iphone.

I just use Tunebite Youtube Downloader for the job. It's able to download and convert youtube videos and can also be used as a Youtube to mp3 ripper for easier playback.

Tunebite also has a menu to configure individual Audio and Video profiles depending frame rate, frames-per-second, resolution etc. to help setup audio and video files perfectly for pc and each mobile devices and to save space with smaller files.

Then all I have to do is transfer 'em to the iphone and problem solved.

you can do it either ways i think doing it fromt he mac is easier like jane said... i use ItubeX though to do it. you can save youtube videos as mp3, i have done a few times to get the song and use it as ringtones if you cant find out the name of the song or just dl the video as mp4

Its called yourtube an its available in cydia if your phone is jailbroken.

You can also check out MiTube; it works great and can save in HD too.