What's new

Straight talk iphone 6 performance?

GB405

Reaction score
I was looking at the Straight Talk iphone 6 for $200 at walmart. There's a comment in the review section that says that this phone does not have the same performance as a regular iphone which is why it is only $200. They claim that there are videos on youtube showing the difference in performance but I couldn't find anything. My assumption was that it's a normal iphone 6 and you have to have Straight talk service for at least 12 months.

Why would it be any different than a regular iPhone? Wait, it is a regular iPhone! So don’t believe that junk you read. The carrier may be slow, but the phone will be as fast as any other iPhone 6 would be on the same network. Don’t believe every review you read. The only difference between phones is the bands they work on. Or frequency’s. Not all carriers use the same type equipment. So thus the reason for having different types of iPhones for that purpose. Now unless Straight talk has an agreement with Apple and is buying a heck of a lot of phones, I don’t think Apple is going to make a slower special phone for them!!! Just my thinking. Have a good day.

I was looking at the Straight Talk iphone 6 for $200 at walmart. There's a comment in the review section that says that this phone does not have the same performance as a regular iphone which is why it is only $200. They claim that there are videos on youtube showing the difference in performance but I couldn't find anything. My assumption was that it's a normal iphone 6 and you have to have Straight talk service for at least 12 months.
The straight talk iPhone is cheaper because part of the cost of the phone is built into the monthly bill for the length of the contract, not because it is built to a lesser standard.

And it is a 6, compared with the 7 Plus and both 8 phones it will be/seem much slower

Reactions: 933